Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
congruent

Ron Arra xcra 13222

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

congruent, It all depends what technique your using...The Lamiglas XCRA 1322-2 or the XRA 1322 one piece 11' is rated for 1 to 5oz lures, will handle up to five ounces very well with a smooth cast, (meaning a gradual buildup of power).Its optimun performance casting weight is 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 oz lures. It is considered by many to be an excellent choice for casting plugs into the surf with little effort.If your casting over 4oz more often, then the XRA 1261MH 10'6" one piece rated for 4 to 6oz is a top performer for jigs,eel skins and larger plugs.Hope I have helped.

Thanks Ron, The rod is the two piece one, it throws 3 ounce great as you said. when you I try five ounces I have to do it a little gingerly. As you said the optimum weight is 3 1/2. As a plugging rod it performs very good. Not that I am claiming to be an expert caster.

Saltheart, I used the XCRA 1322-2 with a 5oz bank sinker attached to a mackerel rig this winter in the Cape Cod Canal along side SOL members and I must say it was a pleasure to cast with.