Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pops02

Blank Question

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, couple of questions for ya, can anyone tell me, are all blanks equal ? whats the difference between a all star, lami, batson, breakaway ? is it there composite ? im looking for a custom made top quality rod for spinning, that will throw from 1 to 3.5, in like 9' or 9.5', with a nautill reel, with fireline. i currently have a factory arra 1083 but that is good up to 2 oz, looking for that rod that can handle a little more. this will be mostly used for fishing the lower cape, race area, thank in advance.

The blanks are not all the same. Some have fast tapers , others slow. Some have a lot of bend all the way down , some mostlt near the tip. Some have a high modulus material , some lower. Some are all graphite , some are all glass and some are aprt graphite and part glass.

At 9 to 9.5 feet for 1 to 3.5 OZ , The first ones that come to my mind are Allstar 1145/2 , Lami Triflex 108 or 114.

Lots more choices at 10 and 10.5 feet

Pops02, If you can wait awhile the new Lamiglas XRA 1084 9' rated for 1-4oz lures will be available soon at...CMS Enterprise,New Bedford Ma.

[This message has been edited by Ron Arra (edited 04-25-2003).]