SB 136 2F

Rate this topic

Sawzall

Tried the searches but couldnt dig up the guide spacing. Any suggestions on where to start. To be used with VS 200. Fuji BSVLG as guides.

"It is required of us that we be tender of the good name of our brethren; where we cannot speak well, we had better say nothing than speak evil."

40HH, 30H, 25H, 25M, 20, 16 top

You fishing mono or braid on this rod?

Stripper should be around 34"-38" from the reel, but this spacing will depend on the line used. You should get it as far from the reel as possible while having no line slap.

The other guides sapcing will depend on static load test and may need to be fiddled with in test casting.

CD

Proud to be a NERB and I have the shirts to prove it!!

F canyondiver wink.gif

I have a 2F and 2M, top of a 706 to stripper is 44 inches.

16 tip, 16@ 10 3/4", 20@ 20", 25@ 30", 30@ 41", 50@ 58" Play around with a stress distribution and test casting as all blanks are different.

The 2F is my favorite spinning stick, throws a mile and works a pencil w/ two fingers smile.gif The 2M is nice too, but just doesn't have the backbone of the F.

Yer gonna love it,

gad

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

Hey Gad...

He said he's fishin' braid... A 50mm for a stripper??

If Billy was telling the truth biggrin.gif about the low riders and braid, you could start with a 25 or 30 tongue.gif

I thought I would use mono when I built the rod. I now use braid exclusively and the rod remains awesome. You could use a 40HH, but then you lose that cool retro look cool.gif

gad

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace