Sawzall

SB 136 2F

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

40HH, 30H, 25H, 25M, 20, 16 top

You fishing mono or braid on this rod?

Stripper should be around 34"-38" from the reel, but this spacing will depend on the line used. You should get it as far from the reel as possible while having no line slap.

The other guides sapcing will depend on static load test and may need to be fiddled with in test casting.

CD

F canyondiver wink.gif

I have a 2F and 2M, top of a 706 to stripper is 44 inches.

16 tip, 16@ 10 3/4", 20@ 20", 25@ 30", 30@ 41", 50@ 58" Play around with a stress distribution and test casting as all blanks are different.

The 2F is my favorite spinning stick, throws a mile and works a pencil w/ two fingers smile.gif The 2M is nice too, but just doesn't have the backbone of the F.

Yer gonna love it,

gad

I'm with Gadwall on this one, 1362F is the finest pencil popper rod made. Mine goes

BSVLG 50-40-30-25-20,-20 BPLTtip with similiar guide spacing, stripper a little closer at 40" to reel seat center.

biggrin.gif

Hey Gad...

He said he's fishin' braid... A 50mm for a stripper??

If Billy was telling the truth biggrin.gif about the low riders and braid, you could start with a 25 or 30 tongue.gif

I thought I would use mono when I built the rod. I now use braid exclusively and the rod remains awesome. You could use a 40HH, but then you lose that cool retro look cool.gif

gad

I thought I would use mono when I built the rod. I now use braid exclusively and the rod remains awesome. You could use a 40HH, but then you lose that cool retro look cool.gif

gad

Retro! biggrin.gificon14.gif