Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robraz

does it ever end?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

what i'm talking about is your gear.

will you ever get enough gear or is it a vicious cycle of buying that will never end?

1) this year when spring started i out and bought a nice still cheap heavy duty rod and reel for catfishing

2) bass season starts and i look at my rods and figure i need another-so i go to buy a rod and end up with 2 with a new reel to boot.

3) of course i needed a new light action for bluegill and perch

4)realized i needed to upgrade my raingear

5) the one bass rod i bought i didn't like-get another one

6)found a good deal on a bass boat-went in with a friend and got that-but i realize now it's not what i want(fiberglass) and need to look for a new one

7) striper season and bluefishing-new rods and reels-5 rods & 3 reels

8)i figure a couple hundred in lures this year

9)hunting comes in-warmer clothes to replace the ones i grew out of in past years

10) new tree stand

11) new bow

it seems like this every year-and i tell myself i NEED this stuff-does this ever end? i don't think so!

It gets WORSE before it can get better. frown.gif I think it is something us me just do. wink.gif

Kinda like a woman and her shoe & clothes collection. tongue.gif

I left one board and end up here in January and now if I were smart I would leave and find a cheaper hobbie. frown.gif

It never ends. If you find a cure - route me it and may be my daughter can go to an ivy league college instead of a state college. wink.gif

No, it nevers ends! Fishing is like Golf when it comes to the spending of money. I golfed before I fished a lot these last couple of years and I still have 3 sets of clubs in my garage, not ot mention the 1 set that belongs to my wife and the new set that belongs to my daughter because she had outgrown her snoopy set for this year's church outing. I have dizens of balls in the boxes because the particular ball that I like to play was on sales so I bought 10 dozen. They are still made and cost just about the same now as they did then. My last handicap rating was 6.3and that is what I was able to get back to after I went to a week long golf school and the changed every aspect of my game. Up to an 11 and I wanted to quit so I did what every right thinking golfer (fisherman) does and went out and bought a new set of clubs because they would fix the ills of my game. Anyway 2 year later I was back down to the same level and then we bought a boat....the ending of any meanifull golf game. The money has not stopped gushing from the wallet and I have almost as much fishing equipment now as I have golf equipment. Nothing compared to you VS guys just a bunch of uglysticks with Penn reels but they work to hold the bait, plugs and lures on. Not many fish, but I guess my fishing handicap would be about a 40 if you could calculate such a number.

Have fun and again, I don't think there is ever a plug that can't be replaced or a lure that might not be better or a rod that might help you cast just that littke bit further or the reel that is so smooth it won't make you lose a fish......on and on it goes.

Uh...no. cwm13.gif

In addition to all the fishing gear I'm compelled to buy, I'm also a collector of racing memorabilia. Same deal, different hobby. It gets ugly. rolleyes.gif

I've got 16 years before my daughter goes to college...I've got time...I think...

nine years before my kid goes to college but i already set him straight

he is allowed to live in the house for free BUT if he wants to go-let him take the student loans-i'll be damned if i'm going to go in debt for his education!!

just think about the amount of stuff i can get if i used trhat money for fishing and/or my other hobbies!!

The first thing you have to do is admit you have a problem then.............go with it. Ok the season up here has been over for 6 weeks and I just can't quite buying fishing stuff. In the past 6 weeks I have purchased a new rod and reel, two spare spools for my baitrunner reels, 12 plugs, new pliers and I have been conservative. I am trying to save for my new boat in the spring.