Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nycman

guide placement/sizes on 1321L or 1201L

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

hi all,

just had a rush job dumped on me..

watched a good friend's factory lami explode friday while hauling a 10lb bass up onto the rocks and i knew what was coming next...

yup, got a phone call today... "how quickly can you build an 10' 1 piece lami? i need a new lure rod NOW!""

so ill be whipping out a lami 1201L or 1321L to match a VS150 in the next 2 or 3 days... not sure which as my friend is still undecided.. ill know when it gets dropped off at my house.

can anyone give me the sizes/placements they used on these blanks? since i wont have a lot of time to playa around i want a good starting point for static deflection.

Mike, here ya go...

132-1L

guides

20, 20M, 25M, 25H, 40HH

Spacing

8-1/2, 18-5/8, 30-3/4, 47, 66

I'll have to look the 120-1L or M up but this will get you started.

Have fun!

awesome, CD, i have all those guides here already...

thanks for the #s.

the blank will be delivered tomorrow and the rod should be fishable by wed. or thurs. night if all goes well.

Some more numbers to kick around,IMO...

1201-BPLT 20tip-BSVLG20-25-30-BHVLG40HH

spacing from tip-7 3/4-20-33 1/2-53 1/2

1321-BPLT20tip-BSVLG16-20-25-30-BHVLG40HH

spacing from tip-8-18-30-44-64

good luck Mike, but I would let that epoxy cure 7-10 days before I fished it

biggrin.gif

thanks very much for the advice and #s guys! you cut my static deflection time down significantly!

fishing has suck-didlly-ucked so the "rush" is not as urgent, i have till the fishing picks up to wrap this baby.

i got the 1201L last night at about 2:30am, it had corktape, a top, and was spined by 3:30am, guides are chosen, i tried both set ups and played around a little more and decided on a sz16 top, then BSVLG20 BHVLG25M, 30H and 40HH.

i have time today to do a few test casts on my roof (yes, on my roof) to finalize the stripper position and then get staarted the wrapping... black and silver woo-hoo!

although this in no 2 1/2 hour rod (damn that was quick WB) im going as fast as i feel comfortable and im sure it will be fishable by monday night.

luckily i use glass coat finish and it can definitely be fished 24hrs after application.

thank again and ill post pics when i am done...

heres a few pics. everything worked out great, was ready to fish sunday night. told my friend ill add a buttwrap this winter when its not in use.

thanks again and for the record i went with 40HH, 30H, 25M, 20, and sz 16 top.

spacing was 8", 21", 35", and 53 1/2"

1guides1201L.jpg

2guides1201L.jpg

grip1201L.jpg