Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark

Has new finish hit the market?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Al,

I think I recall Tom Kirkman mentioning a new finish that would be on the market early this year. It was supposed to be better than Flex Coat, longer pot life, less cracking, etc. Was it a Trondak product? Do you know if it's availalbe through distributors yet? Have you seen it featured at any of the shows?

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

There is a new Trondak product out. Check out www.rodguild.com on the message board. There is lots of discussion on this product.

Also, Flexcoat has introduced a new finish.

We should have lots of discussion on this topic in Allentown next month.

Al

I had a long conversation it Dan at U40, they expect delivery of some chemical needed to make the finish in large quantities next week, give them a week to make & bottle it. We have already placed orders for the new finish and requested expedited shipping and should have it in the shop by the last week in February. We have used some of the samples of this new finish Ralph Q?uinn graciously handed out at the Conclave and really like it a lot.

Tom Kirkman?s rod building book is due in the publishers office February 18th, we have already placed an order for them and requested expedited shipping, we should have them in the shop and start shipping them by the 21st.

We have the Outcast blanks in the shop already as well as the Status blanks and Prizm holographic thread.

We have a feeling both Tom?s book & the new U40 finish will be very fast selling items and wanted to start taking pre-orders for them to give rod builders opportunity have them ASAP.

Tom McNamara

**Tom - I removed the link to your site as was agreed to in the Terms & Conditions when you registered here. I'm certain it was just an oversight, but in order to be fair to everyone, commercials links are not permitted in anyone's signature. If you would like to sponsor or advertise here, please contact me at tims@stripersonline.com and we'll mull over some options. Thanks for your understanding in this matter! Carry on...

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 02-07-2001).]