Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Orange and Brown color scheme

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This relates back to a previous thread started by BC and his desire for an "old school" looking wrap. I know this looks sharp on a honey blank, but how about on the more common grey/blank blanks?

Any other suggestions....I too would like a rod that looks more "traditional". smile.gif

Brown and black aren't the most color friendly partners.

That's why you are not supposed to wear brown socks with black shoes wink.gif

If you like the old stuff, try mint green and black (or red) or the old trimar thread in many of it's strange color combos.

Joe,

Good old school colors for "regular" black blanks are light blue under dark blue, yellow over black, white under orange... if you can look at old fishermen magazines or old books on fishing, youll get an idea of how guys used to wrap and the colors they used.

BC

BC-

Hmm...I like the dark blue over light blue idea, as well as the orange over white. Just got a big ol' spool of orange in a was surprised at how much I like the color (purchased on a whim wink.gif ). Also considering going with metallic gold under and garnet over without CP for that funky look. biggrin.gif Gonna have to think this one out, as it is set to be the last rod i build for MYSELF this season....

Also considering going with metallic gold under and garnet over without CP for that funky look

That's the Olde English colors!! Funky look - it looks 100% better with Nylon & no CP over metallic, than NCP anywhere on the rod.