Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DKN63

OLD BLANKS

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I just came across some old blanks that say fisher and harringtonon them as well as shakespear. I have considered learning to build rods and was wondering about the blanks. some have the model # on them do not. I was told some of the blanks are hard to find and my be worth something

Sorry about the spelling, didn't proof read too good. Eric, how many do you want I have about 40 Fisher blanks and just as many Harringtons. Just send me a blank check. ha ha

Sorry about the spelling, didn't proof read too good. Eric, how many do you want I have about 40 Fisher blanks and just as many Harringtons. Just send me a blank check. ha ha

If you really got this stuff, I'd pay an awful lot of dough for a couple 9' Fishers.

I will have to go thru all the blanks and try to find numbers on them. Some Fishers are still in the plastic bag some are not. How can I tell which model they are. Some of the Fishers are white, black, and some brown. From what I can see all the Harringtons are black but no model numbers. Any help would be nice. I must have at least 200 other blanks of different brands.

The Fisher blanks which are white, black (not translucent charcoal grey) and brown would all be fiberglass models, of which they made plenty; real decent stuff but not near as sought after as their graphite blanks. Older Harringtons were all fiberglass, and all were black. If you post exact lengths and accurate butt and tip diameters (use a decent caliper) we could probably identify most of those for you.

first:WELCOME!!! second:you just FOUND over 200 blanks? your a rodbuilders dream.there's plenty of folks that would love to help you find some more stuff.any that say"HARNELL"?

Bill, I guess the black would be considered charcoal gray. Some say graphite. I didn't just FIND 200 blanks, I purchased them from a family friend who was a rod buider and is very ill.

.any that say"HARNELL"?

The ones that say "Harrington" are the same thing wink.gif

Harrington was the "HAR" part of Harnell (the "NELL" part was Renell) and continued building the blanks after he sold the rights to the Harnell name to South Bend.