Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
typem4me

wrapping a 1266 rainshadow

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Spinning or casting?

Since his concern is keeping line off the blank between the reel and the guide, I'm gonna stick my neck out here and take a stab at "casting" wink.gif

Spinning or casting?

Since his concern is keeping line off the blank between the reel and the guide, I'm gonna stick my neck out here and take a stab at "casting" wink.gif

whats "spinning"? wink.gif

casting of course, thank you.

That's close. 28 to 32 is more common.

Thanx for the help so far! i have built other types of rods but this is my first surf rod and all i have to copy is a daiwa 10' so all help is appreciated.

here's where i am: using a fugi 20mm seat, cork tape for the butt, formed cork 1.25" tapered to 1" for the foregrip.

butt to center of reel 26", center of reel to 1st guide 26" then(give or take 1/4") 12", 11", 10", 9", 8", 7", 6.5", 6", tiptop.(Seems like a fairly progressive blank)

9 guides. this keeps the line off the handle and the blank, and also puts the second guide just on the tip side of the ferrule. if i move the first guide towards the tip it puts the ferrule between the 1st and 2nd guides which looks like a potential place for the shocker to hang and cause backlash, should i not worry about this and move the 1st guide foward? also will having the first guide to close choke the line?

Go to a higher first guide or two (BSVLG) , that will allow you to push it out further. By pushing the first few way out , you should be able to go to 7 guides or less. I might even use a spinner guide for The first two to get way out then drop down to the conventional guides out to the tip. As long as the guide doesn't straddle the ferrul , you are ok.