Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teedubya

Pac-Bay Blanks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey Al I just saw a post questioning the quality of the Pac-Bay Blanks, what's your take on these? I also saw a 10ft rod built on a Pac-Bay Blank that felt pretty good actionwise that is. How's the quality Al?

Teedubya

TD,

I have no experience with Pac Bay blanks. Maybe someone on the Board can reply to your question.

Just returned from Montauk. The East Rips were stacked with stripers and gorilla blues all taken on diamond jigs. Bass to 30# and blues to 18#. Then went over to Block Island for sea bass to 4 lbs.

The daytime beach action seemed very quiet. I think the night tides were optimal last night with the full moon, so I am expecting a good surf report from my friends who are out there for the weekend.

Al G.

You have no doubt seen many posts here singing the praises of Sabre blanks, they are one and the same as Pac Bay. I have a livelining rod built on a Pac Bay 1208 that came out great and a couple of pluging rods too. They offer a great product for the price, there are better blanks out there but they also cost much more.

Steve,

I am not criticizing Pac Bay blanks, it is just that I have no experience with them. Also, the blank distributors I deal with do not carry them. I am sure they make a good product for the money.

I have been using Lamiglas blanks for 30 years and other manufacturers like Loomis, Calstar, Seeker and Allstar. All have a niche in producing blanks that fill my needs.

I try to stick with blanks I have experience with that have stood the test of time.

Al G.

Al I wasn't trying to be critical, just offered info on the blanks.To be honest they are not in the same league as Loomis or Lamiglas but they are also not the same price, probably more in line with something like Saint Croix.