Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tpoliti

Spool Diameter on a Daiwa Saltist 6000

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

My exceler 6000 spool is about 74mm or 2.9 inches. It should be the same size as the saltist spool. I beleiev the 5000,6000, 6500 all have the same same size spool, except the 6500 is cut deeper than the 6000, and the 6000 deeper than the 5000. If you look at weights of the reels, that is the reason the 6500 is lightest, then 6000, then 5000. hope that helps

JTSurf, thanks for the info.

Mechanic, if you wouldn't mind measuring the 6500 that would be great. Not looking to fit on the 4000, I am laying out a rod and thinking I might pick up a 6000 or 6500 either as a spare reel or as its primary reel. Setting it up based on measurements on a VS 250, which is what I was planning to use, but plans change, LOL

Not a problem, I literally had the spool in my hands. Im pretty certain the spools are the same from the 5000-6500. The saltist share the same line retrieve rate for the 5000-6500, so that would point to the same spool diameter. Same thing with the exceler The exceler spool and saltist spool are identical from the outside, the has a different machined spool hub for the waterproofing on the bottom. Both have identical capcities

JT, very interesting how close those two reels look. the pics definitely make them look the same size.

Mechanic, my VS 250 has a 2.75" diameter spool, JT says the 6000 has a 2.9" spool. I would never have thought that the Daiwa was bigger, but I guess I am wrong. I looked at the 5000, 6000 and 6500 in the store today, amazing how much material they too out of the spools for the bigger ones.