Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striper Stalker

St.Croix Fixin

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I need some advise as to what to do with my St.Croix rod. My wife dropped my rod and broke the ceramic ring on the tip. I look at St.Croix warranty info and notice that this particular rod is only warrantied for three years. I've had this rod for five years. I don't have a local bait/repair shop that I personally trust nor do I want to spend the inflated amount of money that St.Croix wants to fix the problem. Any advise/suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated. I live in Nutley NJ. Thanks to all who reply.

New tip is a quick, easy and cheap fix. Bring the rod (or just the tip section if it's a 2 piece) into any shop that builds or repairs rods. They'll get the old one off with a little heat, size it and glue on a new one. Less than 5 minutes and unless you splurge for an SiC replacement, less than $5.

Newark Sinker on Rt 46 in Pine Brook or M&M Tackle on Marin Ave in JC should both be able to swap your tiptop for a nice Fuji at slightly inflated prices. It is a trivial procedure. If it costs more than $10 (unless it is SIC), I'd call the BBB. smile.gif Lot cheaper than shipping it to the manufacturer. Bring it to a rod builder if you want the thread around the tiptop redone. That'll cost a couple bucks.