Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

The Electric Mahi Mahi Betsy

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This year I seem to be doing more with the Electric Chartreuse and Electric Yellow. I made the Mahi Mahi colored Betsy with the standard Unique hair colors but I decided to spice them up a little more this year. I don't know if by doing this it will help or hurt but I am going to go with the I think it will help theory.

I know there is two schools of thought about the best colors for fishing at night. Some seem to think Black is the best and some seem to think Chartreuse. I am more inclined to go with the.Black thought. I also figured why not make a fly that has both and cover all the bases which is why I made the Mahi Mahi. My original thinking is this would be a good color combination during the dusk hours.

The new box is now fully stocked and ready to go.

Nice colors. I tie a clouser those same colors and use it during the "FALSE DAWN" hour. Once that sun got up, i would switch to more traditional colors. Or stay with that color pattern but, always had those colors on at false dawn.

Stanb, I think that the "jiggy fly" is the one on the bottom row, far right. It's next to the three "Big Bass Little Eye Fusion Flies." BFD, as you can see, I'm really following your posts! Keep up the inspiring work. It's been a long cold winter so far and I look forward to your posts.

Tim