Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flame Thrower

Allstar Breakaway 1418-2 11'9'

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have recently purchased two of these blanks to build for the first time. I was wondering if anyones knows the spec for these. Will they handle 6oz and bait and the occasional 8nbait or is this to much. Thanks

That rod will handle 6 and bait. 8 and bait it better be a very small bait and just lob it out there. They are outstanding rods though. I like mine for heavy metal and plugs in the fall when you can see the fish but they are too far out. The 1418 will really lauch 4 to 5 out there , like over 150 yards no problem.

Sorry that I have not got back sooner,Yes first guide is on the butt section 33" from the front of the seat then 19-16-13.5-12-10.5-7.5-6.5

Without a butt length, your guide placement becomes a bit arbitrary. If the butt is 4" longer than your preferrence, this places the first guide 2.5" from the tip.

What butt length and what reel/line are you using. These will alleffect the placement of the stripper guide.

BTW, with all the glowing reports, it sounds like I need one of these in my arsenal...

Thanks!! mad.gifbiggrin.gif

You put the reel seat where you want it based on your size , build , ability , style. Youy then build the rod around that which includes adjusting the guides and spacing based on where you start with the reel seat and a stress test.

Canyondiver,

You absolutely NEEEED one of these. They are some of the finest fishing rods I have. It's my go to rod.Cast a mile and are tough and lightweight. You do NEEEEEEEEEEEED one.

Oh yea they work equaly well in either Spinning or conventional.