Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Nice touch Al ;^)

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Having now hunted the great buck toothed white chins with the Crazy One for the second time, I got to take a good look at Al's personal Tog mover this past trip as Crazy's tog mover was "in the shop". Nice "hottie" on it Al, nice touch. Is that to keep yer hands warm on them December Tog-a-thons? wink.gif

TimS

Hey Al,

I also saw the Crazy Ones "TOG persuader" and the "stuff" that you put above the fore grip, that grey rubbery stuff, what is it and how can i get it and is it hard to apply.

I also like his little mermaid friend. smile.gif

Brian,

That grey stuff is 3M safety tape. You apply it the same way as cork tape. I use it on my commercial cod and blackfish rods since they lay the rod on the gunwale and it protects the blank. That was the medium grade tape and you can get it in most hardware stores.

I knew the Lady would distract the Crazy One.

All's fare in love and war. When you fish with the Crazy One, It's War!!!

Al

Hehehehe...yer ears biggrin.gif

Nice stuff.....

Did you know that resting the rod or any portion of it on the boat or any object even for a fraction of a second would disqualify any potential world record? Yup, dems da' rules!

TimS

That rod was designed for commercial wreck cod fishing. The captain put a 4/0 black Senator or 454 Newell with 50# mono and would just crank up cow cod from 225 feet without breaking a sweat. Once they moved the fish 50 feet above the wreck thay would lay the rod on the gunwale and crank them in.

It turned out that the rod is also great for chunking, eeling and jigging bass and is the meanest tog rod around.

I know the IGFA rules. As a member they are burned in my memory.

Al