Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

BMH

12/2/23. Back out on the blackfish grounds today. Slow pick for us today. Picking a few off of each spot. We did have our best quality of the year so far with a 7, 8 and 9 pounder hitting the deck. Few other 5-6 pounders as well just not enough of em. High hook managed a limit today. The jig outfished the rig again today. We are taking a pass on tommorow due to high winds. We will be back out as soon as weather allows.

I kind of like the idea of the long boat ride to Block Island.  I didn't used to, but I have warmed up to it.

READ CAREFULLY, 2 for 1

the Saturday, December 2, 2023 Offshore Sea Bass trip AND the Sunday, December 3, 2023 Block Island trips have BOTH been CANCELLED due to poor offshore conditions

if you were on either trip, email ONLY info@****.com your decision to move your money to a new trip, or request a refund

19 hours ago, Slacker said:

Long piece of 40-50# line tied onto a barrel swivel using a palomar.  Two ends of line come out of that knot.  One end gets used to tie on the teaser.  One end gets used to tie on the teaser delivery device.  

Yeah, did that. Lots of tangles. It always wanted to wrap around the leader for me.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

16 hours ago, Slacker said:

Frank Daignault claims in his book The Trophy Striper that everyone (other than him) fishes with their teaser too close to their plug.  His recommendation is some unwieldy, pain in the ass to cast, separation like 5' between the two.

I always felt the teaser had to be farther from the plug that the fish you wanted to catch. Don't want to hit it from behind with the plug while it's eyeing the teaser.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."