Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

137,964 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, mickrazz said:

For a guy who hardly ever fishes he sure tries to get everyone else to go.

He's like a drug pusher that won't even drink coffee because caffeine is addictive.

31 mins ago, mickrazz said:

We had some of our best days in the bow with that very same forecast. I still say a flat ocean sucks for togging.

Not here anymore , I was going to go Friday, backed out, not because, I am afraid to fish those conditions, but, those conditions In NJ ??  nah.

29 mins ago, Snaps said:

Not here anymore , I was going to go Friday, backed out, not because, I am afraid to fish those conditions, but, those conditions In NJ ??  nah.

3-4'ers are all I want to fish. That's when you get those dislocate your shoulders bites.

Of course, it does change how you have to manage your line to both keep in touch with the bait but still keep your dipsey on the bottom.

Speaking of dipseys, Wet Side Jay had an interesting dipsey theory. 

He always said he preferred the bank dipsey to the flat variety of dipsey.  He said that he felt that the flat dipsey would flutter to the bottom like a leaf, so that every time you dropped it it would land in a different place.  He thought the bank dipsey pretty much landed in the same spot every time if you dropped it in the same place... which can be pretty important, at times.

I think the whole thing is bunk, but it did show an interesting thought process.

Edited by Slacker

Captain in sea isle , or whatever the hell I was, said the same thing.   Although he qualified it by saying the deeper water they generally fish down there factors into it. 

1 hour ago, mickrazz said:

For a guy who hardly ever fishes he sure tries to get everyone else to go.

I try to get GG to go. He seems obsessed with the party boat reports. I imagine him reading them in BumEff, gazing, longingly, at his unused togging gear, his infamous bucket, and shedding a tear, quietly, into his unlabeled bourbon.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I try to get GG to go. He seems obsessed with the party boat reports. I imagine him reading them in BumEff, gazing, longingly, at his unused togging gear, his infamous bucket, and shedding a tear, quietly, into his unlabeled bourbon.

My toys are buried away in the garage.  Well removed from my zuckerberg.

Goldbelly. Their stuff is ridiculously expensive, but if you are buying something off of there for some distant relative's Xmas gift or something, they are doing 20% off everything through 11/29.

Code: GIVEGOLD21

(That was on the zuckerberg, mixed in with the party boat reports and the cleavage shots.)

Some dude in the main is bitching from here and back about sand getting into his $300 wading boots.  What kind of clowns do we have on here now?  Who expects a pair of wading boots to not get sand in them when fishing a sandy beach?  And don't even get me started on $300 wading boots.

Boot foot waders exist for a reason, people.  That reason is what we like to call, sand.

I shouldn't even go up there. 

Well, see, I was stumbling along because I had a boot full of sand.  And somehow, I got the bendy pointy thing stuck in my jacket and while I was getting it unstuck the dipsey swung and hit me in the head.  That dipsey might have given me a concussion, 'cause now I feel kinda tipsey.

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

3-4'ers are all I want to fish. That's when you get those dislocate your shoulders bites.

Of course, it does change how you have to manage your line to both keep in touch with the bait but still keep your dipsey on the bottom.

Yes, I agree  but No longer on a NJ PB maybe . I'll change my mind , and go, stuck in the house all week at the desk. 

4 years ago today.  I think this was our first group trip on the Beast?  Dustin's dad was mate and the ball busting all day was epic.

No photo description available.

27 mins ago, Slayer said:

Are you sure? I dont fish on Thanksgiving. I am the chef.

Are you certain it was Thanksgiving 4 years ago?  

Your rods are prominently displayed in the pic, so you were definitely there.