Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

133,525 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

"His name is Zack Hample and he is the best at what he does: Catching home run balls.

If you need any more evidence, check out what he did at Fenway Park Monday night.

There were two home runs hit between the Red Sox and Rays in their American League Division Series Game 4 showdown. One came from Rafael Devers in the third inning, while Tampa Bay's Wander Franco launched another in the sixth.

Hample caught them both."

Hample has faced criticism from sportswriters, players, and fans, some of whom have pointed out that he has been seen bumping children out of his way in efforts to grab baseballs.[1][2] The New York Post referred to him as "baseball's most hated fan."[3]

I remember reading about him a bunch of years ago. 

He would ask a player to toss him a ball after warmups or the end of an inning. He learned how to ask in spanish, japanese, and korean or something like that. He has like 11,000 mlb baseballs according to the google. 

21 mins ago, Kml said:

Hample has faced criticism from sportswriters, players, and fans, some of whom have pointed out that he has been seen bumping children out of his way in efforts to grab baseballs.[1][2] The New York Post referred to him as "baseball's most hated fan."[3]

I remember reading about him a bunch of years ago. 

He would ask a player to toss him a ball after warmups or the end of an inning. He learned how to ask in spanish, japanese, and korean or something like that. He has like 11,000 mlb baseballs according to the google. 

You aren't gonna get 81 home run balls without shoving a child or two.

53 mins ago, Mike said:

Reservation is confirmed. I will be on the 7Bs Wednesday & Thursday next week. Temps in the 60s, winds west about 15mph, clouds and sun. Hope that forecast holds up

That forecast is nothing but seasonal averages.  You might as well not even look at the weather until next Monday.

Speaking of bourbon, it is like Maker's Mark fell off the face of the earth.  It is out there.  It is on every shelf.  And, of late, has ZERO buzz on social media.

Chicken is done and eaten.  Good old fashioned Joy of Cooking method.  Pre-heat oven to 450F.  Put bird in oven and drop temp setting to 350F.  20 minutes per pound.  Dick around on the internet while it is cooking.

I do the tin foil tent thing until about the last half hour.

17 mins ago, Slacker said:

Chicken is done and eaten.  Good old fashioned Joy of Cooking method.  Pre-heat oven to 450F.  Put bird in oven and drop temp setting to 350F.  20 minutes per pound.  Dick around on the internet while it is cooking.

A few photos would be helpful to visualize the process and results.  

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

And the broad at the Ranger shack bitched at me for taking that site instead of the one she wanted me to take.  The place was about 95% empty, so I went where I wanted to go.  Eff that broad.

Hither hills?

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Speaking of bourbon, it is like Maker's Mark fell off the face of the earth.  It is out there.  It is on every shelf.  And, of late, has ZERO buzz on social media.

Because it sucks? 

(Declarative question)

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I tent after it's colored up 

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Do we think that Usain Bolt is only twice as fast as Y?

He probably weighs a 1/3 less than Y.  So moving his mass is a lot less work than moving Y down the track.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Reservation is confirmed. I will be on the 7Bs Wednesday & Thursday next week. Temps in the 60s, winds west about 15mph, clouds and sun. Hope that forecast holds up

I won’t be back up there until Sunday.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Because it sucks? 

(Declarative question)

Define "sucks" relative to bourbon. It reviews similar to most middle of the road bourbons. 

Mashbill: 70% Corn, 16% Wheat, 14% Malted Barley

It's 90 proof.