Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

131,354 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

From my LOCAL supermarket.

614126492fdb4_IMG_90911.JPG.56c6e0e568595add4516e4e94cbd00a3.JPG

24 mins ago, Slacker said:

IMG_9094.JPG.f4253b8bbc935044a74cd1ffb44a331a.JPGIMG_9095.JPG.263aa750205fc74490bf27d8141f6858.JPGIMG_9096.JPG.fc3d667551f4c8810338b6ba2fab1f38.JPG

Slacker living large (and getting large) must be a special occasion- birthday? anniversary? getting lucky?

1 hour ago, PeterO said:

The outlaws our HUGE fans of Sickles, they basically cater every meal they’ve invited us to.  Great prepared foods.  Love the crab dip.

My wife goes there a lot for the produce and vegetables. That is also where she gets the pork chops I like, and hot dogs. 

I think I might go there once every five years to pick up a catering order. 

It is always good.

I did the Tom preparation of the fruke tonight.  Pan seared with blistered cherry tomatoes, side of broccolini and caesar salad that she makes the dressing. 

That may be my new favorite way to cook the flat fishes.

Fish and greens. I gotta go see the doctor tomorrow so between hiking miles in waders and a clean diet I expect blood pressure to be down.   

Edited by Kml

57 mins ago, Slacker said:

To be fair, the wife made the mushrooms and the potatoes.  I just drank beer and watched smoke come through the lid vent on the Weber.

The potatoes were round or flakes?

did you share the steak?

37 mins ago, Kml said:

My wife goes there a lot for the produce and vegetables. That is also where she gets the pork chops I like, and hot dogs. 

I think I might go there once every five years to pick up a catering order. 

It is always good.

Was only there once, was cruising around this spring with nothing to do and caught the sign out of the corner of my eye.  Impressive business they built.  Like a baby Stew Leonard’s 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Round.

I did not share.

The steak was a good call when eating with a vegetarian.  Vegan spouse is a low overhead now that you’re on a fixed income; Uncle Leo would be pleased.  If you had a garden and learned to forage she would be minimal overhead.  Was she offended by your choice of entree?

Edited by PeterO

Went to see my kidney doctor Monday. In June my triglycerides were 212. Now they are 58. Its the first time in 18 years that my triglycerides were normal, and I've been off the meds for them for 4 months. My other numbers also came down, indicating that kidney function has improved. They won't ever come back to 100% but my focus is to stay off of dialysis for as long as possible.

He was astonished about my weight loss and said that's the main reason my numbers were so good.

Must be all the oatmeal I've been eating. Dr. Slacker put me on the path to healthy living. 

2 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Went to see my kidney doctor Monday. In June my triglycerides were 212. Now they are 58. Its the first time in 18 years that my triglycerides were normal, and I've been off the meds for them for 4 months. My other numbers also came down, indicating that kidney function has improved. They won't ever come back to 100% but my focus is to stay off of dialysis for as long as possible.

He was astonished about my weight loss and said that's the main reason my numbers were so good.

Must be all the oatmeal I've been eating. Dr. Slacker put me on the path to healthy living. 

Good stuff Mick

5 mins ago, mickrazz said:

That’s great Mick. Keep up the good work!