Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

131,371 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

“Fishing makes us less the hostages to the horrors of making a living.”

— Jim Harrison

Bourdain spent a lot of time talking, eating and drinking with Harrison for his Montana episode. They did not go fishing. 

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

A $1.75 million dollar TOWNHOUSE in Boseman, MT has got to be about the most beautiful townhouse any of us have ever seen.  Unless the WSJ has some definition of "townhouse" that ain't my definition of a townhouse.

I was thinking the same. I never heard of a five bedroom townhouse. 

It was seen as a bit of gettin' above your raisin'.

In the late 80’s I was doing some contract work at Ortho Pharma in Raritan. The engineer I was working with drove something like a K car. Young guy not married probably a pretty good earner but lower on the totem pole of engineers in that place. 

I saw him on the weekend and he was driving a convertible Jaguar. 

I commented and he said that the Jag will never go to the office that is what the K car is for. 

A $1.75 million dollar TOWNHOUSE in Boseman, MT has got to be about the most beautiful townhouse any of us have ever seen.  Unless the WSJ has some definition of "townhouse" that ain't my definition of a townhouse.

Currently there are zero 5 br townhomes in Boseman Mt listed for sale on realtor dot com.

2 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Currently there are zero 5 br townhomes in Boseman Mt listed for sale on realtor dot com.

There are 6 5 br homes priced between 1.2 and 1.8.  They could easily be the same house in Little Silver, NJ. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

25 mins ago, Kml said:

I was thinking the same. I never heard of a five bedroom townhouse. 

We have some of them here.  When we were looking 25 years ago they were building these so I stopped in when I saw the sign on the road, because townhouses are cheap. Lol

This one seems to have been decorated by a Russian mob boss.

(Beau Ridge, in Holmdel)

Capture.JPG

Edited by Tom T

Some yuppie speak.

I moved to Bozeman about five years ago from Jackson, Wyoming, and just never left. I really adore living in Bozeman, a place where you ride your bike on the trails and through the town alleys to the restaurants. It’s sort of like an extension of where I grew up.

For breakfast, I go to Little Star Diner, a delightful spot owned by this adorable couple, Charlie Graham and Lauren Reich. They source as much as they possibly can from their own greenhouse and field, and their griddled corn muffin with maple syrup and grilled pears can’t be missed!

If I don’t go there, I will often pick up some breakfast pastries at Wild Crumb—I pine for the ham and Gruyère croissant all the time.

My go-to for lunch is Fink’s Delicatessen, which has the most delicious sandwiches in town, such as grilled balsamic-marinated portobello and peperonata sandwiches, or Rendezvous, a food truck slinging meat- and veggie-filled crepes.

Hiking the M Trail is essential for anyone visiting Bozeman. It’s an easy, winding trail to the big letter “M” built into the side of the mountain that’s facing town, and it has the best view of the entire Gallatin Valley and the surrounding peaks and mountain ranges.

A top dinner spot for me—other than Blackbird—is Ramire’s. This food truck serves these awesome (and affordable) burritos made with homemade flour tortillas. It’s no-frills, straightforward, delicious Mexican food. The pork adobada burrito with guacamole and pico de gallo is my favorite.

For after-dinner drinks, I’ll go to Open Range. They have a great cocktail bar, and the bartenders can make whatever drink you’re in the mood for. I love the Paragon, a tequila-based drink with tarragon, honey, and chile.

Sounds like Bushwick these days.

24 mins ago, Tom T said:

We have some of them here.  When we were looking 25 years ago they were building these so I stopped in when I saw the sign on the road, because townhouses are cheap. Lol

This one seems to have been decorated by a Russian mob boss.

Capture.JPG

Does that qualify as townhouse?

It kind of looks like the retirement community setup. 

It is a single family home in a managed community, So you pay a fee and they take care of things.

Agreed, they remind me of FL developments with zero lot lines.  but they are billed as townhouses.

Toll Brothers threw up a whole 55+ community in Farmingdale-priced about that same as that old jewy looking place in Holmdel. Detached and come with their own firepits.  

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

Agreed

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Yeah, that was my point.  My father worked very hard but was very bad with money, and made very bad decisions.

Oh, I didn't "take over" the family business.  I purchased it, at a very high multiple, to get him out of trouble.  

WOW interesting but you parlayed that into a good gig, prbly with a lot of sacrifice and sweat equity.

When I have the time I will tell you about my mother's sister Jean like a second mother to us.

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

Sounds like Bushwick these days.

LoL that the neighborhood I  lived as a kid