Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

59 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Just reserved a toyota camry, $500 for the week.  Is that bad?  

I do not have enough experience with rental car pricing to know for sure. We got a Yukon for $900 for 8 days. 

Slacker has a million mile club card from Avis so he will have the skinny on rental car pricing. 

59 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Hotel booked in Denver.  

Do we go to Laramie first, or Cheyenne? 

Either way drive through the Pawnee National grassland park, very interesting ride and not far out of the way.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

6 hours ago, Mike said:

And then there's the Ranch KOQ. Excellent brand, BTW. A place where all the grandkids go for two months every summer to ride horses and shoot guns off the porch toward the trespassers on the river.

Juanita makes breakfast tacos and Juan makes sure the kids learn responsibility by shovelling out the stalls before lunch.

Every evening there is some kind of roasted beast cooked over fire in the fabulous outdoor kitchen, enjoyed by all, before settling around the bonfire with Los Mets on the sattelite TV.

Sounds fun, but that ain't today's child... that is your and my era's child.  Today's child goes straight from "schools out" to summer travel league baseball to summer soccer/football camp and back to school.

I feel bad for today's kids.  Every minute is scheduled.

5 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

You know what else you don't get in Wyoming?  Neighbors who leave their barking dog out all night.  

They were always nice quiet neighbors and unfortunately drugs got into the house.  Sad to see kids i knew from grade school turn into shitheads as young adults.

Im not ****ing around with it any more.  

Actually, you might get that... the dogs, not the drugged out neighbors. One thing I have noticed is that when you get off the east coast, the notion of dog ownership changes.  Rural people very much have a rural dog ownership style... no fence, no leash, let the dog out and he will come home when he is in the mood.

Loose, unaccompanied dogs are fairly commonplace.  Dead dogs on the side of the road aren't all that unusual.  Can't remember ever seeing a dead dog on the shoulder of a NJ road.

• Mike pinned this topic