Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

Big plot of land so that you can't even see your neighbor.  Porch overlooking the river.  Nice.

Still, I'm concerned with Wyoming's ability to meet KoQ's culinary/restaurant requirements... of course, I am only imagining what they may be and could possibly be overshooting the mark.  I may be incorrectly imprinting TomT level requirements onto KoQ.

What I am 100% sure of is that you can forget Italian, Chinese and anything else remotely ethnic... oh sure, there might be some, but it ain't gonna be in the same area code as "good". There's plain old fashioned Americana people out there... Dominos pizza people... that and indians - Cleveland Indians not Ghandi Indians.

Of course, once past that food hurdle, it will be a whole new deal.  An adventure.

(PS.  I can't really see TomT anywhere but on the coast.  But I can imagine it... and when I do, I chuckle.)

My advice to KoQ would be to find a house he likes out there and rent it for a year; buy or rent basic furnishings, if fully furnished isn't available.  Pretend that you are gonna stay... get doctors, dentists, veterinarians, etc.  Shop the stores.  Eat in the restaurants.  If after a year, you want to stay, then you stay and build.  If you don't like the area, you pack up your Fruit of the Looms, drive to the airport at the end of the year and fly home with good stories to tell. 

Selling your house remotely really isn't all that difficult; if you decide to stay there.

The other thing you have to consider is the role of Grandpa KoQ.  Who knows where your kids are gonna end up, but the odds are pretty good it ain't gonna be Wyoming.  There is the "see you at Xmas and next Summer" Grandpa KoQ experience and there is the "goes to every game" Grandpa KoQ experience... probably merits some serious chat as there is also Grandma KoQ's opinion to be considered.

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

So last night I was watching Fury; it was a night off for the Reds and that movie had been sitting on my DVR since January.  It was OK.

But that is not the point of my post.  The point of my post is imagine you are rolling across Germany in 1945.  Do you stick with the "no fraternization" rule or do you take a little time to stick it to a couple frauleins?  

I'm voting for sticking the frauleins.  'Cause any love is good love.

German girls like kinky sex so do Norwegians 

7 hours ago, Slacker said:

And I myself spent a lot of time at the paternal grandparent's NH place serving as on-site playmate for whatever batch of cousins happened to be there. 

ROFLMFAO IGBBFH

6 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

I never really vacationed as a kid and as such didn't as an adult.  Regret that u wear on my sleeve.  I just picked up little sister from the airport last night and she went to london on her own 2 years ago.  The golden child is going to myrtle beach with 6 broskis on sunday and andrew isx a merchant marine.  Hopefully they learn from my mistske.

I just booked flights, ewr to den.  The seek to find land is on.

YES same here regret that 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

My advice to KoQ would be to find a house he likes out there and rent it for a year; buy or rent basic furnishings, if fully furnished isn't available.  Pretend that you are gonna stay... get doctors, dentists, veterinarians, etc.  Shop the stores.  Eat in the restaurants.  If after a year, you want to stay, then you stay and build.  If you don't like the area, you pack up your Fruit of the Looms, drive to the airport at the end of the year and fly home with good stories to tell. 

Selling your house remotely really isn't all that difficult; if you decide to stay there.

The other thing you have to consider is the role of Grandpa KoQ.  Who knows where your kids are gonna end up, but the odds are pretty good it ain't gonna be Wyoming.  There is the "see you at Xmas and next Summer" Grandpa KoQ experience and there is the "goes to every game" Grandpa KoQ experience... probably merits some serious chat as there is also Grandma KoQ's opinion to be considered.

Spot on good advice.

And then there's the Ranch KOQ. Excellent brand, BTW. A place where all the grandkids go for two months every summer to ride horses and shoot guns off the porch toward the trespassers on the river.

Juanita makes breakfast tacos and Juan makes sure the kids learn responsibility by shovelling out the stalls before lunch.

Every evening there is some kind of roasted beast cooked over fire in the fabulous outdoor kitchen, enjoyed by all, before settling around the bonfire with Los Mets on the sattelite TV.

Edited by Mike

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

6 hours ago, Slacker said:

Speaking of that... KoQ, how far above the river are you and how close to the house did it get during Sandy?

Sandy was an overnight event so i never really saw.  Plus more wind than rain.  300 feet give or take from the bank and probably 30 foot elevation.  If the river gets to my house the basement there are much bigger problems to worry about.

Now Irene was a rain event, the water got pretty good into the reeds but never an issue.

#otterlivesmatter

The only way TomT leaves NJ is to go to Florida... which is pretty much NJ with fresh squeezed orange juice and lizards.

My daughter and her boyfriend went to Marco Island, chatting up people at the bar, "oh, just turned 21 from NJ, you need to go to bar a and dj's."  Dude was from lincroft, 2 miles away.

You know where you dont run into people?

Wyoming.

#otterlivesmatter

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

I may be incorrectly imprinting TomT level requirements onto KoQ.

You are.  We don't eat out much, hardly at all in fact.  When we do its usually the diner or chinese.

So chinese is probably out in Wyoming, Ill be ok.  As long as we can get staples, i know how to scratch cook.  Its amazing what you can do with flour, water, salt and yeast. 

#otterlivesmatter

You know what else you don't get in Wyoming?  Neighbors who leave their barking dog out all night.  

They were always nice quiet neighbors and unfortunately drugs got into the house.  Sad to see kids i knew from grade school turn into shitheads as young adults.

Im not ****ing around with it any more.  

#otterlivesmatter

Big plot of land so that you can't even see your neighbor.  Porch overlooking the river.  Nice.

Still, I'm concerned with Wyoming's ability to meet KoQ's culinary/restaurant requirements... of course, I am only imagining what they may be and could possibly be overshooting the mark.  I may be incorrectly imprinting TomT level requirements onto KoQ.

What I am 100% sure of is that you can forget Italian, Chinese and anything else remotely ethnic... oh sure, there might be some, but it ain't gonna be in the same area code as "good". There's plain old fashioned Americana people out there... Dominos pizza people... that and indians - Cleveland Indians not Ghandi Indians.

Of course, once past that food hurdle, it will be a whole new deal.  An adventure.

(PS.  I can't really see TomT anywhere but on the coast.  But I can imagine it... and when I do, I chuckle.)

He'll develop a taste for elk, mule deer and bison, all of which is better than beef.

40 mins ago, Tom T said:

Combat starts soon

20210724_070245.jpg

Glutton for punishment. It's silly to do that on a Saturday.

24 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

You know what else you don't get in Wyoming?  Neighbors who leave their barking dog out all night.  

They were always nice quiet neighbors and unfortunately drugs got into the house.  Sad to see kids i knew from grade school turn into shitheads as young adults.

Im not ****ing around with it any more.  

The cougars and coyotes eat any pet left outside. 

The Magnificent Presence

• Mike pinned this topic