Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

125,589 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kml said:

horrible news. that family has had a tough year both father and son. 

No family at all now. His mom passed years ago.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

When I left the NYC firm, I took my desk and credenza. Beautiful pieces

Credenza. If I never hear that word again it will be to soon. I was never one to consider any furniture to be beautiful. A gun, a knife, a boat, a woman but never furniture. I like a nice homemade shank too. Wish I had one.

39 mins ago, mickrazz said:

No family at all now. His mom passed years ago.

Credenza. If I never hear that word again it will be to soon. I was never one to consider any furniture to be beautiful. A gun, a knife, a boat, a woman but never furniture. I like a nice homemade shank too. Wish I had one.

What about considering a food item to be an object of beauty?

I ended up watching the end of the Cubs - Cardinals game.  There was a guy in the front row aisle in a Cards jersey physically mimicking Craig Kimbrel.  It was funny.

If you don't know what Kimbrel does before every pitch, google it.  It's weird.

Just now, Slacker said:

I ended up watching the end of the Cubs - Cardinals game.  There was a guy in the front row aisle in a Cards jersey physically mimicking Craig Kimbrel.  It was funny.

We drank, and danced,  and massaged.

25 mins ago, Slacker said:

I also watched a Henry Gates thing... Roseanne Cash has a great great great grandmother that was an emancipated slave.  Great great great great grandpappy (maternal side) was a plantation owner.  Had 9 kids with one of his slaves.  Kids born to a slave mother were legally born as slaves - didn't matter who the father was. 

He emancipated the 9 kids - had to get an act of the South Carolina legislature to do it (which seems like a weird bit of red tape)... didn't emancipate the slave mother... he deeded the slave mother over to the kids (wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts... your kids literally own you). 

One of the 9 married a white dude.  Pop paid the county clerk and she got listed as "white" and the marriage was good to go.  And a few generations later you get Roseann Cash.

Interesting times the early 1800s.

Edited by Slacker

1 min ago, Mike said:

Awesome. She won't let me move her to bed and I need to be at work in 6 hours. Wingman can't leave, right? Gotta hang in.

I'd get her a pillow, blanket and gone.  But I'm not much of a romantic.

13 mins ago, Slacker said:

Kids born to a slave mother were legally born as slaves - didn't matter who the father was. 

On a practical level, this kind of makes sense.  It is easy to identify the mother of a kid.  The father not so much; at least not until the creation of the Maury Povitch Show.