Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

127,346 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Slacker said:

Yeah, I considered that.  That was why I went with only a very modest bump between city and highway.

Untitled.png.062ff053823a6dc7a6719428eb41e50c.png

40 mins ago, Slacker said:

At a starting MSRP of $20K with the option for selectable part-time 4WD (say that and whatever unavoidable options that come with it bumps it to $23-24,000), this thing might have legs.  40 MPG city driving... gotta be 45 or better on the highway.

Pickup trucks in the U.S. have trended for years toward the bigger, brawnier and more expensive. Now, Ford Motor Co. is reversing course, with plans to sell a diminutive hybrid truck with a price tag—and gas mileage—similar to that of a compact car.

Ford on Tuesday revealed the Maverick, a pickup truck with a body comparable in size to a compact SUV, such as a Ford Escape. Its starting price of $19,995 will make it the least-expensive vehicle in Ford’s U.S. lineup when it goes on sale this fall.

The nation’s No. 2 auto maker is betting that some people who own sedans or small sport-utility vehicles would like the versatility of having a flatbed, but don’t have the budget or garage space for a big, gas-guzzling truck, such as Ford’s F-150 or midsize Ranger pickup.

Small pickup trucks are popular in many overseas markets but not in the U.S., where big, hulking trucks like the F-150, Ram 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado dominate roadways. Some of those models are more than 3 feet longer than the Maverick.

The Maverick will be built on the same basic frame as Ford’s Focus car. The frame also underpins the company’s popular Escape SUV and the new Bronco Sport, released last year. It will be built at Ford’s factory in Hermosillo, Mexico. The vehicle will come standard with a hybrid system, which saves fuel by combining a gas engine with a small battery pack and electric motor. Ford says the system will deliver about 40 miles per gallon in city driving.

im-349968.jpg.52bb44a2155ef9d8e2c904b4e60632a7.jpg

Kind of reminds me of those little Nissan and Mazda p-ups.  Almost seems pointless to have the Ranger.  I would go F150 at that point.  But even they are becoming unaffordable. 

23 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

I like it. That may well be my next vehicle 

I wanna see one, but an open bed with part-time 4wd would pretty much meet my kayak hauling and hunting (soft parking area that requires 4wd after rain or snow) needs. 

I don't need towing capacity and don't need much clearance.

Of course, I'd probably pay the extra $5K for the base model of the Tacoma just for the assumed longer term reliability. They were available at an MSRP under $30K (with 4WD) as recently as last Fall.

11 mins ago, Mike said:

8 foot x 3.5 foot island looks small in the newest fabulous 35 foot kitchen.

37240.jpeg

37239.jpeg

Have you been working on this job forever or is it just that every house you buy has a 10' X 30' kitchen?

13 mins ago, Mike said:

8 foot x 3.5 foot island looks small in the newest fabulous 35 foot kitchen.

37240.jpeg

37239.jpeg

Your employee barely fits between the wall and the island.  You are gonna design fat people right out of your customer base.  See if you can squeeze in there.

The wife redid our kitchen in white.  10 years from now house buyers are gonna walk into all these places and say "Ugh, another white kitchen.  Well, we can change it."  

What kind/color of backsplash are you going with the white cabinets?

(I think we are ending up with white cabinets as well...similar to those....Mission-y)

29 mins ago, Slacker said:

The wife redid our kitchen in white.  10 years from now house buyers are gonna walk into all these places and say "Ugh, another white kitchen.  Well, we can change it."  

16 mins ago, Tom T said:

What kind/color of backsplash are you going with the white cabinets?

(I think we are ending up with white cabinets as well...similar to those....Mission-y)

Heed my guidance.  Start the next kitchen fad.  Don't jump on the wave just as it hits the beach.

Ford couldn’t come up with a better name. 

Maverick was some piece of **** from the 70’s.

Are all the good name used up. 

Why not Pinto

6 mins ago, Kml said:

Ford couldn’t come up with a better name. 

Maverick was some piece of **** from the 70’s.

Are all the good name used up. 

Why not Pinto

They want the whole horse thing... mustang, bronco, maverick.  Only us old farts remember the maverick.

1 min ago, Fly By Nite said:

better be available with a stick. I can't imagine driving a vehicle called maverick with a auto transmission. 

You know that it won't be.  I think the mustang is the only thing they build with an available manual transmission.

1 min ago, Slacker said:

You know that it won't be.  I think the mustang is the only thing they build with an available manual transmission.

I was at the Shrewsbury dealership a couple weeks ago and there was a real head turner in teh show room -a mustang Mach 1.  Stunning- but it was automatic.  

This has become one of my favorite lunches since going low carb.  Baby spinach sauteed in olive oil with a little red onion,  grilled marinated chicken breast,  half an avocado,  sliced with a little salt and an over easy egg.

20210606_120309.jpg