Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

121,373 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, Kml said:

I made a pork chop parm last night. Thin sliced pork chops further tenderized by me. Egg wash and bread crumbs into the oil for a little bit. sauce and cheese into the oven. 

I can see how this could pass for veal. It was good.

Both are very mild and once tenderized and you put a sauce on them hard to tell the difference.  Love pork tenderloin medallions in Marsala and mushrooms.  Gonna give the chop parmigiana a shot.  Bone in chop?

6 mins ago, PeterO said:

Both are very mild and once tenderized and you put a sauce on them hard to tell the difference.  Love pork tenderloin medallions in Marsala and mushrooms.  Gonna give the chop parmigiana a shot.  Bone in chop?

No bone. Just the thin sliced chop.

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

Is your contention that a sweet vermouth is not sweet because of the name brand?

I could imagine different degrees of sweet 

48 mins ago, PeterO said:

34 mins ago, Kml said:

No bone. Just the thin sliced chop.

We do the bone in chop. Haven't made the with parm. We've been topping the fried chops with arugula and tomatoes. 

Pro Tip: If you do it on the bone, finish them in a hot oven. They don't cook to the bone by the time they brown.

Lawn party for KOQ's anniversary? Anyone going? What time? I seem to have misplaced my invitation 

15 hours ago, Slacker said:

His next awakening is going to be that people pay the big money eat meat... not for gourmet legumes and fungi.  

Henceforth, Humm declared on the restaurant’s website, EMP’s $335 tasting menu will be made exclusively “from vegetables, both from the earth and the sea, as well as fruits, legumes, fungi, grains, and so much more.” As Humm explained to WSJ, he’d had something of an awakening during the pandemic: “Our practices of animal production, what we’re doing to the oceans, the amount we consume: It is not sustainable,” he said. “If Eleven Madison Park is truly at the forefront of dining and culinary innovation, to me it’s crystal clear that this is the only place to go next.”

**** 11 madison park.

6 mins ago, Mike said:

I could imagine different degrees of sweet 

Not imaginary.  Even I notice the difference.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, Tom T said:

Pro tip, he says

From the guy splashing mussels just because.

Edited by PeterO

2 mins ago, PeterO said:

Not imaginary.  Even I notice the difference.  

And yet, they are all sweet.  Because, is the name and all...

13 mins ago, Mike said:

We do the bone in chop. Haven't made the with parm. We've been topping the fried chops with arugula and tomatoes. 

Pro Tip: If you do it on the bone, finish them in a hot oven. They don't cook to the bone by the time they brown.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

I made a pork chop parm last night. Thin sliced pork chops further tenderized by me. Egg wash and bread crumbs into the oil for a little bit. sauce and cheese into the oven. 

I can see how this could pass for veal. It was good.

That's a dego restaurant trick.  Its really hard to tell the difference.