Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

121,369 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

My daughter said he paid 2k to be on this team.  He's a good kid who we like and unfortunately his stock has gone down a little bit.  He quit his job to "focus" on this.  Practices, team meetings on zoom, he put this ahead of her and pretty much growing up.  She was very supportive until today.  I want have to say a word, she'll kick him to the curb.  She's to driven to deal with it.

Do I warn him? 

Maybe he needs some fatherly advice from a non family member.

We have an oak that produces tons of acorns but seldom have squirrels. i see raptors more often than squirrels. Have chipmunks but they aren’t out in the open much.   

14 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

My daughter said he paid 2k to be on this team.  He's a good kid who we like and unfortunately his stock has gone down a little bit.  He quit his job to "focus" on this.  Practices, team meetings on zoom, he put this ahead of her and pretty much growing up.  She was very supportive until today.  I want have to say a word, she'll kick him to the curb.  She's to driven to deal with it.

Do I warn him? 

Sheesh. Somebody has to tell this kid that if you are good at your sport, people offer things to you... they don't ask you for $2,000. 

And if you need advanced coaching, at the high school level, just to get to the next level, you aren't going anywhere.  There is some Iowa farm kid that didn't play football until junior year of HS that is gonna knock you out of your cleats at try-outs.  

I think the same of these perfectly healthy kids that you hear are now having Tommy John to get 7-8 more MPH on their fastball. If you need Tommy John as a HS kid to make it to college ball, you're goin' nowhere career-wise.

21 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Not in our hood.

You might be able to get away with a .22 short and a nonchalant gait back to the house.

10 mins ago, Slacker said:

And if you need advanced coaching, at the high school level, just to get to the next level, you aren't going anywhere. 

He's in community College now, hoping for a look from a school in florida for the back 9.  Ugh.

5 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

He's in community College now, hoping for a look from a school in florida for the back 9.  Ugh.

On the upside, at least the kid still going to school.  When he drops out for a semester to "pursue his passion" then you know, he's gotta go.

54 mins ago, Kml said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Something yummy for a squirrel but hard to finish of in short time. Like a sunflower seed salt lick.

they are crafty devils.

Give them the fixings for a nice tomato salad. :idea:

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Kings over Queens said:

Do I warn him? 

Good for her, absolutely the right move on her part.  The kid is clueless.  

Send him to the MP for an expert football “evaluation and critique” and post the video. Thx.  Otherwise keep your thoughts to the BFF only!

IMHO

Edited by PeterO

39 mins ago, PeterO said:

Good for her, absolutely the right move Otherwise keep your thoughts to the BFF only!

IMHO

LOL yea better yet,  maybe let your daughter handle it...

43 mins ago, PeterO said:

Send him to the MP for an expert football “evaluation and critique” and post the video. Thx.  Otherwise keep your thoughts to the BFF only!

IMHO

I do not have a daughter so I know nothing. I have a stepsister and I always told her that I don’t need to hear about the drama until he hits you. Then let me know.

12 mins ago, Snaps said:

LOL yea better yet,  maybe let your daughter handle it...

I dont have any intention of saying anything unless I'm asked to.  Not my clown, not my circus.

15 hours ago, Snaps said:

I have to look closer at the inside, ill jut wack away at it, see what happens.

forgot about holly tone, Mrs wants it gone. I don't mind putting in some sweat equity.

No matter what it looks like when you’re done cutting it, give it some time to grow before you give up on it.

15 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:Do I warn him? 

No! If he’s ignoring her now it will only get worse. 

19 hours ago, PeterO said:

Nice looking place Snaps, mazel tov!  I agree with SharkMike, cut the back off the Holley and spray it with bug killer.  Give it a shot.  Worst case is you don’t like then have it pulled.

Wrap a rope around it and tie the other end to your bumper. Drive away. Buy a new plant to replace it. You're welcome.

16 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Do I warn him? 

Bad enough he paid 2 grand to get on the team, quitting his job to play on that team was ridiculous. Let your daughter handle this. Don't say a thing to him.

What position does he play?

If he didn't get a look in HS he's not getting a look.

16 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

16 hours ago, PeterO said:

IMHO

Send me a film.