Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

115,794 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, Slacker said:

606e267c82d3e_IMG_3081(2).JPG.3caa52f17bad9e8db6df9e6fb2fb4182.JPG

9 mins ago, Slacker said:

The American Goldfinch undergoes such a radical transformation between seasons, it’s hard to believe that the gray-green birds of winter and the yellow-and-black birds of summer belong to the same species.

If you’ve got American Goldfinches coming regularly to your feeder, September and October is the time to watch the transition from gold to gray. In this span you should see male goldfinches in half-dress, with some bright yellow feathers and some dull gray.

Individuals with no holdover yellow can still be identified by the wings. All drab-bodied American Goldfinches still have mostly black wings with a thick, buffy bar and white edging on the flight feathers.

Beautiful birds.  Planted a bunch of cone flowers around our mailbox that were a magnet for finches.  In the fall they would pick the cones clean of the thistle.

3CA7D8CA-5271-469E-BAD4-55D8856171F4.jpeg.bddb8d89b2e0b594511834b72f824a4d.jpeg

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

NYC is on its way back to 1977 all over again. 

Back in those years I worked in the 75 Pct in East New York Brooklyn.  For the 16 years I was there we averaged approximately 120 homicides a year.  Many others wounded.  Truly the wild wild west. 

10 hours ago, Mike said:

When you eat it, does she make you go outside to fart?

I'm a nice guy, not a saint.

Pull my finger!

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

Not much more.  But some.

My minimum is .35

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

606e267c82d3e_IMG_3081(2).JPG.3caa52f17bad9e8db6df9e6fb2fb4182.JPG

We need pictures of you picking fungi.

First needle today in AC. Super easy getting through. Maybe less than 20 minutes all in with the 15 minute wait time and all. Second hit 5/1. 

Stopped at my mom’s on the way home. It has been a very long time. 

If I wake up with a vag you may not hear from me for a while. 

I did get the news today that a guy I worked with died from it last night. Around 10 years younger than me always full of energy. He got sick and struggled with it was on the mend and just got really tired yesterday and took a nap. Never woke up. 

****ed up all around.

Posted (edited) · Report post

47 mins ago, Kml said:

I did get the news today that a guy I worked with died from it last night. Around 10 years younger than me always full of energy. He got sick and struggled with it was on the mend and just got really tired yesterday and took a nap. Never woke up. 

****ed up all around.

Bummer.  Very strange illness.  I read an article about a month ago about twin sisters in their late 20s.  Marathon runners.  No health issues.  Both got covid last Spring.  One was sick for a couple days and that was that; the other was dead in about three days.

Edited by Slacker

Monger.

Wed 4/7 Boat Limit of Blackfish ahhh that felt good... Great way to start our charter season!!! The life was good esp for this early in April... fished 3 spots and all had alot of bites around the boat... loads n loads of just miss shorts.... frustrating at times but great action is def welcome... Finally got the keeper size fish growling and our smaller crew made quick work of the rest of the boat limit and released a few more lucky ones for another day Anthony Emerick put on a show was hh with 15k (orl) and for the busters we even got antifreeze vapin Chris Tallarico a limit+ codFun day... great sign for spring season. Will b back at it everyday weather lets us till the end of the month. Thanks guys

6 hours ago, Kml said:

First needle today in AC. Super easy getting through. Maybe less than 20 minutes all in with the 15 minute wait time and all. Second hit 5/1. 

****ed up all around.

Sorry to hear that. Effing scary.

Yes strange disease indeed.

I have apt first shot the 12th. 

11 hours ago, Spigola said:

Back in those years I worked in the 75 Pct in East New York Brooklyn.  For the 16 years I was there we averaged approximately 120 homicides a year.  Many others wounded.  Truly the wild wild west. 

In 1977 I worked on East New York Ave. and Howard Ave.. The area was a real cesspool... 

7 hours ago, Kml said:

****ed up all around.

That place runs like a top :th: 

Sorry about your colleague, that sucks.