Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

105,650 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tom T said:

Tomm we you out trolling earlier?

FB_IMG_1605981203550.jpg

No should have gone but forecast looked possibly a little bumpy plus lots of boats so still have a few days left for mid week tripd

1 hour ago, Kml said:

Sounds like a great day Mick

Yes it was considering I haven't togged since last season.

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

Alas, I bailed on the togathon, too much covid going around. @mickrazz your in good company.

I AM the company.

Short recap. Terrible swell, knocking me around the boat. I started in the stern but after seeing all the guys that fish that boat often I moved to the starboard side mid ship. Good action to start then conditions deteriorated. Boat swinging off the little bit of hard bottom we had.

I had 6 fish before ten then 2 the rest of the day, but one of those two was the money fish. Couple of shorts mixed in to keep the action going between keepers. I came home with 4 fillets. With 12 guys fishing that should tell you how the rest of the boat did. Gottogs friend tied me for HH with 8.

On a good note, Scotty didn't hit anyone with a sinker. All those guys use 2 hooks either slider or snafu. I used a 3/0 hook all day with a short leader. I really like the short leader. I also had 2 nicer fish come unglued. Rod bent to the grip. Lots of dogs. Luckily I only caught 1. We made about 5 drops and a couple wiggles.

I'm back there on black Friday.

18 hours ago, Mike said:

You should just paddle out to the rattlesnake 

I don’t know where that is, probably not a good idea.

I wouldn't have made it anyway. One of my rudder lines broke right when I got to my spot. Should've bailed then, but I'm stubborn. Couldn't hold position, I managed to hook one short in the fin. It sucked. 

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Yes

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Went out today with the boys.  Bit of spread out bird ply to the north so we stopped for a bit. The ocean is filled with bunker. 

We got a smattering of striped carp and bluefish, some nice bluefish. 

Went south to kill some crabs and did ok, All shallow from 20 to 30 feet. Got a bunch of nothing big. 

I may have to take the skiff out for striped carp.