Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

104,618 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mike said:

The guys brought it in strapped onto a massive 4 wheel dolly that tilted or rolled as needed. 

Just saw this in the morning light. Oops. I think the straps may have caused this. Sent this in an email to the retailer. 

20201017_085109.jpg

LOL they will just bend it back.

3 hours ago, Kml said:

I put. Ring alarm system in my house today. It was one of the easiest things I have done like this. Maybe 2 hours base unit, keypad , five doors and a motion sensor. Very easy setup. 

I got the motion light camera gizmo on the way. 

So. In the bedroom I pulled down the 2 track lites, that were there for 20 years.

Thinking it would help sell the place,  120 bucks and half the job was already done.

Already had 2 ea 4 inch boxes in the  ceiling for the track lites. Removed the boxes And installed 2 leads in place of them.

Figured I would install total 4 Led conversion no cans required, see photo, would just have to pop only 2 holes. couldn't get the fish wire to go all the way thru!  pop another hole, to facilitate the fishing of the wire,  there is a microlam beam, see photo, so, figured I would groove out the 1/2" sheet rock and lay the wire in there, then thought, may not be code. After I burned up my 5ft flex drill bit, and still didn't get through, the beam,   I called my friend Dave the electrician, he was gonna stop on the way home, and do it, I  explained the beam  to him, Oh, I better have a look first. He will be here monday.

I was just gonna leave 2 Led which I already installed where the track lit boxes were, but Mrs biatched said won't be enough.

16029700732999152871738944546730.jpg

16029700916218070716298010863924.jpg

16029701491202223951883741162116.jpg

43 mins ago, Mike said:

The full appliance package is around 40K. Fisher Paykel 24" Freezer column/30" Fridge column, Viking under counter beverage fridge, Sharp drawer microwave, Viking warming drawer, Viking dishwasher, hood and that range. 30k in cabinets. Haven't priced the stone yet but it should be around 20k. With the addition to hold it all (kitchen is now 32 feet long) new wood floors and full ceiling coffers it's a 150k kitchen, easy. I've spent less to revamp smaller houses. This kitchen is insane. 

Mike what town????

150,000.00 for a ****ing kitchen? 150,000.00, think about that for a moment. Times up.

Nevermind, think about that for another minute. 150,000.00.

Keep thinking. 

Ok, now make a list of 5 cool things you can spend 150,000.00 on besides a place where someone's going to make eggs, hot dogs, oatmeal, drumsticks and chicken pot pies.

17 mins ago, mickrazz said:

150,000.00 for a ****ing kitchen? 150,000.00, think about that for a moment. Times up.

Keep thinking. 

Ok, now make a list of 5 cool things you can spend 150,000.00 on besides a place where someone's going to make eggs, hot dogs, oatmeal, drumsticks and chicken pot pies.

A Corvette and two Yeti's full of Kml pork chops.  And a case of Miller Lite for TomT.

33 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Keep thinking. 

Can make all that over a pile of $2 pile of charcoal or on a $50 Coleman stove.  No dollies required.

55 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Keep thinking. 

It's a party space. Everyone hangs in the kitchen. Always have, always will.

32 feet with an 8 foot island at one end and a full size table at the other. 10 feet of open space between them. That's what you can live in when you have eff u money.

In a normal year I would have Thanksgiving dinner in this house. Turn that table 90⁰, add a second table to make a 12 foot table. Set up the buffet on the island and the bar on the counter by the sink.

3 mins ago, Mike said:

I was supervising masonry.

I spent an hour moving leaves from here to there.  Four tarp loads at 12'X16'X3'.  Pacing myself this year since I have no job that I have to show up for.