Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

102,292 posts in this topic

I have no idea how gluten free spaghetti made it into the house but it is absolutely horrible. Taste is not the problem. It just falls apart into like little 2 to 3 inch pieces. I threw away every box and told her it never comes in the house ever again. 

I made a nice clam sauce and it just ruined it. Maybe chop sticks would be better than a fork. 

I worked with a dude in the early 90s who's kid couldn't have gluten.  It was a huge deal with a 3' long single spaced typed list of the things she couldn't eat.  Now it is hard to avoid "gluten-free"... one shopping trip without your reading glasses and Kml is yelling at you and throwing out the groceries.

44 mins ago, Slacker said:

I worked with a dude in the early 90s who's kid couldn't have gluten.  It was a huge deal with a 3' long single spaced typed list of the things she couldn't eat.  Now it is hard to avoid "gluten-free"... one shopping trip without your reading glasses and Kml is yelling at you and throwing out the groceries.

3 boxes of fettuccini adios. 

I should have cooked it for the raccoons but they would probably not eat it. 

50 mins ago, Slacker said:

Yeah, one of my friends has chrones <sp?> disease and years ago it was difficult finding stuff she could eat. Today, not so much.

44 mins ago, Kml said:

3 boxes of fettuccini adios. 

I should have cooked it for the raccoons but they would probably not eat it. 

Ask @TimS the raccoon whisperer, he’s the pied piper of raccoons, he would know.  Maybe doctor it up with a little Bolognese.  Who doesn’t love pasta and meat sauce?

Edited by PeterO

45 mins ago, Slacker said:

I'm having a bowl of knock-off rice chex and real blueberries.

Fresh NJ blueberries?  Great in pancakes.  Had some the other day with a bowl of cereal and cold milk - :drool:

Edited by PeterO