Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

46 mins ago, Slacker said:

I liked that the dude was savvy to the idea that, in Florida anyway, saying "I feel threatened" goes along way in your criminal defense for assaulting or shooting someone.  Guy like that can certainly work his way around customer objections #1 and #2.

That is like when the cop has you face down on the ground and is pummeling your kidney’s and the back of your head and saying Please Stop Resisting over and over. That is a classic. 

9 hours ago, Kml said:

As a father of boys I would not give an atta boy if the 6th grade teacher raped them.

It is even crazier that she married him.

Kevin , it is all in jest, I recant, an I do agree with you.

31 mins ago, Tom T said:

Oh man I SnapCapped a worthy screed and then my battery died.  It is forever lost to the ether.

Suffice it to say these inlaws (brother in laws family) have no worry about ever seeing me with them on another of their vacations.  As an interloper I comport myself as such, taking a backseat in any decision making.  However because I am me, I am loved.  I show up with a cooler full of good sausages, beer wine and liquor.  I shop while I am here and cook them a second dinner within 3 nights of being here.  I clearly ask before I undertake the 30 minute trek to the market if we need anything else for the house.  I even ask the relatively adult kids.  

Know your role, do your part.  If you are in charge of garbage bags maybe bring more than 5 for a week of a dozen people so that the indentured servant does not need to make his 3rd trip to the market for ****ing garbage bags the night before garbage pickup.

That is all.

Than is not a Rant !! you are too nice.

That's why a Vacation, is me and the mrs, that is it, no one else.

Edited by Snaps

21 mins ago, Kml said:

We did the NC outer banks thing one year with two other families ONCE. Big house on the beach with a pool and all that. A mess of kids running around etc..

I could not wait to get home. 

13 mins ago, Snaps said:

I don't mind it when it is my family, I used to look forward to it.  When Gramps was alive we did a yearly thing with anywhere from 20-30 people.  It is easier when there are clearly defined roles and responsibilities...and the adults act like adults and not wishy washy millennial homos!

I could see neighbors/friends being an issue anytime after the age of 25.  Before that, nobody really gives a ****.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

We did the NC outer banks thing one year with two other families ONCE. Big house on the beach with a pool and all that. A mess of kids running around etc..

Was your Cape Cod "alone time" vacation really any different?

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

Oh man I SnapCapped a worthy screed and then my battery died.  It is forever lost to the ether.

Suffice it to say these inlaws (brother in laws family) have no worry about ever seeing me with them on another of their vacations.  As an interloper I comport myself as such, taking a backseat in any decision making.  However because I am me, I am loved.  I show up with a cooler full of good sausages, beer wine and liquor.  I shop while I am here and cook them a second dinner within 3 nights of being here.  I clearly ask before I undertake the 30 minute trek to the market if we need anything else for the house.  I even ask the relatively adult kids.  

Know your role, do your part.  If you are in charge of garbage bags maybe bring more than 5 for a week of a dozen people so that the indentured servant does not need to make his 3rd trip to the market for ****ing garbage bags the night before garbage pickup.

That is all.

I know the feeling. It doesn't pay to be a good guy, people take advantage. We used to vacation together, mom, dad, brothers and sister and family. After two years I couldn't stand it anymore. Same people cooking, cleaning up etc.

1 hour ago, Snaps said:

Kevin , it is all in jest, I recant, an I do agree with you.

Me.. I like to vacation by myself. **** everyone else.

The Magnificent Presence

4 hours ago, Tom T said:

That is all.

Back in the 80s we rented a house in Montauk with another couple for the month of July. Ironically one of the other couple is now my girlfriend, but that’s besides the point. It worked out well enough that we did it for several years in a row.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

6 hours ago, Kml said:

5 hours ago, Tom T said:

I don't mind it when it is my family, I used to look forward to it.  When Gramps was alive we did a yearly thing with anywhere from 20-30 people.  It is easier when there are clearly defined roles and responsibilities...and the adults act like adults and not wishy washy millennial homos!

I could see neighbors/friends being an issue anytime after the age of 25.  Before that, nobody really gives a ****.

My family alway's thought I was too cheap, to go in on the LBI house rental, cause I merely said no thank you.

But between My bitch on wheels sister, her friend, and My SIL, by  the end of the week,  My wife would have been up my arse about their attitudes, pluse my wife would have told them to eff off,  taken the car and drove home, and both of us would have been miserable.

The kids were not an issue 2 nieces and 2 nephews, were well behaved, better than their parents.

One year she asked ,"why is it we never went in on the summer rental" didn't they ask you ??

When I explaned it to her, she thought about it and said , yea your right, would have been nice if you checked with me first :banghd:

29 mins ago, Snaps said:

My family alway's thought I was too cheap, to go in on the LBI house rental, cause I merely said no thank you.

But between My bitch on wheels sister, her friend, and My SIL, by  the end of the week,  My wife would have been up my arse about their attitudes, pluse my wife would have told them to eff off,  taken the car and drove home, and both of us would have been miserable.

The kids were not an issue 2 nieces and 2 nephews, were well behaved, better than their parents.

One year she asked ,"why is it we never went in on the summer rental" didn't they ask you ??

When I explaned it to her, she thought about it and said , yea your right, would have been nice if you checked with me first :banghd:

You are ruining my vision of the huge Italian family holiday festivals.

I don't vacation with the family.  I've been invited to stay at rentals they had in Hawaii and Florida, but have always taken a pass.

21 mins ago, Slacker said:

You are ruining my vision of the huge Italian family holiday festivals.

I don't vacation with the family.  I've been invited to stay at rentals they had in Hawaii and Florida, but have always taken a pass.

After the hug arguement in 2011 We dont even get together for Xmas, none of us really talk to each other, except for my one brother, Joe.

I never get to see my Nieces and Nephew's. They never get to see my grandkids grow up, If just everyone wulda  keep their effing mouth shut.

• Mike pinned this topic