Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

3 mins ago, Tom T said:

He gets paid until 2035.  

Talk about being on the pineapple.

Yeah, it's like having $25MM in the bank and living on the interest except you ain't leaving principal to your kids.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!!!

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

He gets paid until 2035.  

Talk about being on the pineapple.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yeah, it's like having $25MM in the bank and living on the interest except you ain't leaving principal to your kids.

1 hour ago, Fly By Nite said:

Or- greedy mfers that got what they deserved day.

Call him Bobby Two Pineapples!

Or call the Mets Double Dummies.

From espn-

Here are some other notable deferred-money contracts:

• Bobby Bonilla (again): A second deferred-contract plan with the Mets and Orioles pays him $500,000 a year for 25 years. Those payments began in 2004.

• Bret Saberhagen: Saberhagen will receive $250,000 a year from the Mets for 25 years (payments also began in 2004; this was the inspiration for Bonilla's deal).

•Max Scherzer: Will receive $105 million total from the Nationals that will be paid out through 2028.

• Manny Ramírez: Will collect $24.2 million total from the Red Sox through 2026.

• Bruce Sutter: Signed a deal with the Braves before the 1985 season with deferred money. He was to be paid $750,000 per year while with the Braves, then for 30 years after he retired, he'd receive at least $1.12 million per year. The Braves will be paying him through 2020. He received the $750,000 figure in 1989 and 1990 because he retired with two years left on the six-year deal, so his 30 years of the other installments didn't begin until 1991.

17 hours ago, Snaps said:

LOL That's bcause you were probably doing it wrong.

The MP does nothing wrong.

16 hours ago, Snaps said:

One of the vessel's is having a difficult time with the Marine HVAC system, so, today the  C/E sent us an  E mail , outlining trouble shooting the system,  I was gonna post it , In the hopes that mick would care,  so , that I can read his riveting comment's. That would generate some deference, along with a few laughs.

No..I wouldn't care.

15 hours ago, TimS said:

Nice...a big bucket of mud marlin :clap: 

There is a difference in the fight of a regular ling and a big ling.

The regular ling fight can be described as reeling up an athletic crew, but the fighting prowess of a big ling will give you the feeling of reeling up a knee high wool hunting sock. I was impressed.

7 hours ago, Snaps said:

I do not miss commuting ,nor do I miss going to an offfice.

I had no life, and it was expensive.

You still have no life. Try being more of a big doosh. That shouldn't be hard for you.

The Magnificent Presence

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Yes.  This is the essence of the Random thread.  A string of thousands of organic musings electronically captured in time using ones and zeroes.  

There are plenty of threads that read like a Chilton manual or the Yellow pages.  The Random is higher, better.

Ohh, the coffee is done.

:clap:

24 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Or- greedy mfers that got what they deserved day.

Yep, it is Obscene Andy.

45 mins ago, Mike said:

You’d need about another $100,000,000 in the bank to generate Bobby Bonilla-level annual interest.

Thanks Federal Reserve.

4 mins ago, Slacker said:

You’d need about another $100,000,000 in the bank to generate Bobby Bonilla-level annual interest.

Thanks Federal Reserve.

Just checked at bankrate for 5 year CDs. Top rates were just a wee bit over 2%.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

• Mike pinned this topic