Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,394 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, Slayer said:

Almost all fishing and hunting expeditions end that way, and people are asking for some meat.....cause after all its free, right. You just pulled it up from the Ocean.

Throw ‘em some frozen tog from last January.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

The only thing worse than having a haddock come off after 100 feet is having a tilefish come off after the first 400 feet :blackeye:  

Losing any fish at the surface, especially after a long haul.

21 mins ago, Slayer said:

Almost all fishing and hunting expeditions end that way, and people are asking for some meat.....cause after all its free, right. You just pulled it up from the Ocean.

Funny. For a moment I had considered asking you for $50 of haddock. I didn't. Shoulda known it would be a 1.5lb bag!

The days of fishing for cheap meat are long gone. You aren't walking off a boat with 20 lbs of filet for $45 anymore.

21 mins ago, Slayer said:

I'm not much of a fish eater...so I generally fish just because I love it. So when I keep some fish my brain doesn't do the math as to what they woulda cost because I'm paying for the fishing, not in any way for the meat. But I entirely understand the math...I eat so few fish if I ever did the math what they cost me per pound I'd stop keeping them, buy the king crab and have some hottie in a bikini feed them to me :laugh:

TimS

35 mins ago, Mike said:

Funny. For a moment I had considered asking you for $50 of haddock. I didn't. Shoulda known it would be a 1.5lb bag!

Down here in the Random, you gotta put in your own work.

We had a good day today. The plan was to go deep in the morning and hit the rough stuff on the back.

It was very bumpy coming out of the inlet so we decided to try fluke first. Now I remember why I hate fluking. Between 4 guys we caught 2 robins.

Thankfully, it laid down around 10 so off we went.

Made one stop and caught a few, then we went to that wreck and stayed there till 2.

We filled a laundry basket full of the biggest ling I have ever seen. 

A few cbass were released, all of them keepers.

I picked up my weapon on the way home too!

Yeah @TimS, we are all paying for the fishing but I like to punish myself sometimes by figuring the cost per pound.

If that is what we worried about we would all stop fishing and hunting and drinking and smoking and going to titty bars ( all of you know, which one is you) lol.

2 hours ago, TimS said:

:clap:  Fresh haddock is the bomb...but for that kinda money I'm getting king crab fed to me by a hottie in a bikini  :read: 

If you’re doing it for the meal, you’re doing it wrong! But you already knew that.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’ll give you 1.5 lb of haddock for free. All you have to do is come pick it up.

Oh, first time fishing on my new morphine pills. I gotta get used to doing that.

Antnee told me on the way home that I seemed to be in slow motion in the morning. I said what do you expect from a junkie?

My feet didn't hurt though. Good all day.

2 hours ago, TimS said:

:clap:  Fresh haddock is the bomb...but for that kinda money I'm getting king crab fed to me by a hottie in a bikini  :read: 

You're paying for the experience and the meat is a bonus. 

That applies to both.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm going fluking with my favorite head boat captain tomorrow.

As soon as we make our first stop, I'm going to throw a handful of jigs and a couple bags of gulp overboard. Then I'm going to take a nap.

Edited by Sparky