Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,394 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

We wasted way to much time hauling up this endangered specie....

huddy cod.JPG

Even worse than reeling up rose fish.

13 mins ago, Mike said:

Even worse than reeling up rose fish.

WTF is  a rose fish? Did you mean Acadian red fish?

2 hours ago, TimS said:

We spent a week in Pigeon Forge three years ago! On the very top of a mountain...the dirt road to the house we rented was so steep and so dicey I was ferrying people up and down the mountain. What a beautiful area. Although they did make me go to Dollywood and for that I'll never forgive them :blackeye:

That main drag through Sevierville - Pigeon Forge - Gatlinburg is some kinda tourist trap mecca.  It is nice that they seem to have managed to contain it to that one strip of road.  Everywhere else there is beautiful. 

For a while I was down there 4-5 times a year for work, but that has tailed off to 1-2 times.  Lost some accounts, moved others to our guy that handles NC.  Someday, though, I want to get down there for fun.  Spend a few days in the park with a camera.

In 1982, we went to the Worlds Fair being held in Knoxville.  We camped on the grounds of Dollywood... at the time it was "Silver Dollar City".  Open field, pitch a tent camping.  In Tennessee.  In the summer.  It was always hot.

40 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

Mick Now I have your numbers a couple of big marks there. What are you fishing for?

They look pretty big for biscuits...maybe cod?  I was fishing same general area yesterday, water was up to 75 degrees...they could be Goliath grouper on that wreck :scared: 

11 mins ago, Slacker said:

That main drag through Sevierville - Pigeon Forge - Gatlinburg is some kinda tourist trap mecca.  It is nice that they seem to have managed to contain it to that one strip of road.  Everywhere else there is beautiful.

Yup...it was well contained to the one strip...I love that kinda place. You can get everything you need in "town" and then disappear into the nearby mountains for peace and quiet :love:

9 mins ago, Slacker said:

In 1982, we went to the Worlds Fair being held in Knoxville. 

I was at that World's Fair :clap: Only one I've ever been to...I was 17 and with the family.