Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,394 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Tom T said:

You saying to jump off 81 where I highlighted it? Will I not have had my fill of mountains prior to that sojourn?

Screenshot_20200629-224120_Maps.jpg

We spent a week in Pigeon Forge three years ago! On the very top of a mountain...the dirt road to the house we rented was so steep and so dicey I was ferrying people up and down the mountain. What a beautiful area. Although they did make me go to Dollywood and for that I'll never forgive them :blackeye:

1 hour ago, Kml said:

I keep cash in the bank, I stash bullets for all of those other situations. 

In the day to day use of cards for purchases. The payment apps on your phone like Apple Pay and google pay are by far the safest. There is no card data that gets used in that transaction so no card data can get compromised. And in a pandemic nobody touches your stuff and you don’t push any buttons or sign anything.

Not every merchant has the terminals to accept it. 

Second is credit card. 

Last is ATM card. 

When your credit card gets compromised the credit card company is working for you. When your ATM card gets compromised the burden of proof is on you to get your money back. The money is already gone. 

Thanks .

10 hours ago, Slacker said:

850 miles is a long ass drive.  I've done it more than a few times, but if you can, splitting it into 600 and 250 will make for a lot nicer experience. 

850 miles in a day has you showing up at the destination, having two beers and being in bed an hour later.

We stop in Wytheville, VA on the way...no idea why I started stopping there. We woke up there on a Saturday morning to continue our drive, had breakfast and decided to hit a few yard sales, met some locals, drove around the mountains. It's a pretty neat country type area yet with 5 or 6 places to stay right off 81. I just googled it - 520 miles from home...leaves about 200 to Pigeon Forge...right on par with your 600/250 split :th:

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

this was caught on the trip yesterday.

halibut.jpg

Wow. How common is that on these trips?

Was the guy doing anything different to specifically target that or did the beast hit the haddock rig?

10 hours ago, Slacker said:

If you take the plow through route, there is a bass pro shop right off of 81 at Kodak TN... 10 miles east of Knoxville.  Good place to piss and stretch before you make your final approach.  Gas station, McD's for coffee.  After that you hit urban Knoxville and then boonie-ville with no real convenient hops off and back on the highway at least for a while.

Re-route him through Dollywood :idea:  They have bathrooms and he can stretch :laugh: 

3 mins ago, Slayer said:

Me rigging.....Mako dreaming.

rigging, dreaming.JPG

With the depths that you mentioned, that Ball jig on the right looks light, what 2 oz?? and a 5" mullet??

Can you fish that light up there ???? or am I screwed up ??? No wise arse comments from you Greg.

How was the fishing ??

The week of the 15th Denny went to Martha's vineyard for fluke, was Mrs Snaps Bday, so I could not go, was stoopid fishing, limited every day, nuttin under 4 lbs.they threw em back anyway. They drove up Monday, fished tues, weds, thurs came home fri.

No party boat charter for those 3 days.

4 mins ago, Snaps said:

With the depths that you mentioned, that Ball jig on the right looks light, what 2 oz?? and a 5" mullet??

Can you fish that light up there ???? or am I screwed up ??? 

I have no idea what you are seeing?

There is a 14oz flat bank by my knee.

14- 16 was holding, fished 220' to 250ish.

22 mins ago, Snaps said:

Can you fish that light up there ???? or am I screwed up ??? No wise arse comments from you Greg.

How was the fishing ??

The week of the 15th Denny went to Martha's vineyard for fluke, was Mrs Snaps Bday, so I could not go, was stoopid fishing, limited every day, nuttin under 4 lbs.they threw em back anyway. They drove up Monday, fished tues, weds, thurs came home fri.

No party boat charter for those 3 days.

You sure he was fishing Martha’s? The big fluke grounds are a little east of Nantucket.

35 mins ago, Kml said:

Wow. How common is that on these trips?

Was the guy doing anything different to specifically target that or did the beast hit the haddock rig?

It’s not common but it’s also not unusual. He was fishing a standard two hook haddock bait rig. I’ve been doing this trip for 4 years now and that was the second butt I’ve seen. The other one came on a 14 ounce Norwegian style jig.