Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,067 posts in this topic

26 mins ago, Slacker said:

I hesitate to imagine what "reminiscing about the good ole days" in rural, mountain Georgia might include.

How good the moonshine is.

40 mins ago, Slacker said:

I hesitate to imagine what "reminiscing about the good ole days" in rural, mountain Georgia might include.

I'm sure there is a story that starts with

"Y'all remember when that plump little yankee came over to listen to the banjo music"

59 mins ago, Slacker said:

Looking at the Mapquest options, I think I'd take the longer time route from Middletown that goes 81 then down to Asheville, NC and then on to Ellijay, GA.  Get a nice ride through the Smokies.

You saying to jump off 81 where I highlighted it? Will I not have had my fill of mountains prior to that sojourn?

Screenshot_20200629-224120_Maps.jpg

6 mins ago, Mike said:

Your cooler or Hank's? 

Mine. I made Hank take a cooler shot of his (and it was a nice cooler) but I’ll leave it up to him to post it.

43 mins ago, Tom T said:

You saying to jump off 81 where I highlighted it? Will I not have had my fill of mountains prior to that sojourn?

Screenshot_20200629-224120_Maps.jpg

I'm thinking this route.  BUT, if this a one day drive, a pleasant drive through the mountains may not be fun after 10 hours of highway... in that case maybe you just stay on the interstate.

map.jpg.d3d2ba45d356eeee378b62c352f1e670.jpg

850 miles is a long ass drive.  I've done it more than a few times, but if you can, splitting it into 600 and 250 will make for a lot nicer experience. 

850 miles in a day has you showing up at the destination, having two beers and being in bed an hour later.

12 mins ago, Tom T said:

I will likely just plow through, but the scenic route sounds nice

If you take the plow through route, there is a bass pro shop right off of 81 at Kodak TN... 10 miles east of Knoxville.  Good place to piss and stretch before you make your final approach.  Gas station, McD's for coffee.  After that you hit urban Knoxville and then boonie-ville with no real convenient hops off and back on the highway at least for a while.

3 hours ago, TimS said:

First full day without a cell phone in probably 20...maybe 25 years :squid: Fishing without a phone = no pictures. No site moderation while bothering fish. No phone blowing up when coming back into cell phone range. No texts. No calls. No tide charts. No weather forecast. No wind forecasts. No electronic entertainment in the bathroom. No googling perplexing things. It's like the dark ages....

74C7FE79-4ABE-4A3C-B79D-1A7A9E8D654E.jpeg.c0c0ab83f32fbda178e232c36bd653f5.jpeg