Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,392 posts in this topic

24 mins ago, TimS said:

No place around here makes an eggroll worth a ****...it's a crime :dismay: 

The best egg roll ever.

When I was a kid playing pop warner football one of the moms was from Taiwan. She made home made egg rolls and sold them in the snack bar on game day.

The best egg rolls ever.

I also took her daughter to the senior prom but that's a different story.

50 mins ago, Kml said:

I'm getting Chinese take out for dinner tonight. 

They been closed since this **** started. 

Mmmmmm fermented egg rolls are the best!

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 mins ago, TimS said:

:laugh::clap::laugh: You paint a pretty word picture my friend :laugh:

I'm really enjoying this Tangueray and diet tonic...

TimS

Yes, he does.

That was a painful read to end up with the conclusion that it sounds like the T and dt started right after Brett left.

Edited by PeterO

6 mins ago, Kml said:

The best egg roll ever.

When I was a kid playing pop warner football one of the moms was from Taiwan. She made home made egg rolls and sold them in the snack bar on game day.

The best egg rolls ever.

Yea, the egg roll story is “interesting” now let’s hear the “different” story, thx.

31 mins ago, TimS said:

So today I got a dose of the universe telling me to kiss it's ass :blackeye:  I'm working on the boat trying to track down this unbelievable gremlin in the 4G radar that's been haunting us for a month. I'm in the center console, best way I can describe it is a human sized EZ bake oven...for a couple hours...all kinda of fun. We sent the unit out for warranty repair a while back - they return it, no note, no message, no idea if they found anything wrong or not :squid:  It still didn't work when we got it back so we moved on, replaced the RI10 radar interface...same intermittent problems. Today we tested every wire, replaced every connection, we could...and finally, on a factory Lowrance ethernet cable - that we tested a couple times before - find that there's an intermittent open...if you move the wire or bend the wire, somewhere inside is a break...then you move it again, and everything is fine :mad: The hardest thing to find on a boat. So we get it figured out...we find the part number, it's a stupid $30 cable (we've been through a few hundred dollars in other parts already) - find out it's in stock in Brick Town, Brett goes to pick it up.

So I'm gonna take apart the console so we can run this cable when he gets back...takes me twenty minutes. I'm now bored, so I start cleaning up where everybody hangs their jigs behind the seats...putting them all away...and one is stuck, so I pulled a little harder, and it pops free and the back of my pointer finger runs right up the blade of the bait knife that I just sharpened on the last trip :dismay: I cut a quick bandage out of a clean rag (thanks Tommy for the clean rags :) ) and wrap it with black tape, wiped up the blood on the deck and seat...good to go. I finish putting all the jigs back in their appropriate boxes...two guys a few slips away have been trying to engage me in some fishing talk two or three times since they got back in...I figure I'll go talk to them now that I'm bored again. On the way off the boat my iPhone X falls into the drink. Astronomical high tide...it's 10 ****ing feet deep :rolleyes: Drive back to my house, grab a longer handled net...it's super flimsy and has real fine mesh. Laying on the back of the boat with my arm in the water up to my shoulder I can just reach the bottom...spend 40 minutes trying to scoop around blind...nothing but nasty, stinky sloppy much and seaweed. I'm baked, it's a thousand degrees, I've probably sweated two gallons, cut my finger to the knuckle and deposited my phone into the river. But we did get the radar fixed :freak: 

TimS

I know hindsight is 20/20 but intermittent problems are 90 pct electronic wiring and or connections.Electronics and Salt air uggghh.

You don't have a first aid kit on the boat ?? shame on you.

The Phone is toast, anyway,  Amazon new phone. what  happened ??? plopped outta you pocket??? or hand ????

You will prbly catch some flack from The Doosh for  long  post, but, god forbid, he would contribute some constructive criticism, and or advice, or learn something. 

Don't you just love the professional repair service ???

I had Radio Holland come out to a tanker at stapleton anchorage once time, to fix a raytheon 10cm radar, the Capt already said , he could see one of the PCB was burnt, the service guy puts in a brand new PCB blows it, and said yea you got a problem, I thought the capt was gonna effing kill him, and I was not gonna stop him. Some of those PCB's are a couple of thou.$$$

20 mins ago, Kml said:

The best egg roll ever.

The best egg rolls ever.

Great...now I want a great eggroll even more and haven't been able to find one in years...this day just keeps getting better :stick:

And poor Tommy suffered through scallops and lobster with his frukes. I'm gonna need another Tangueray and tonic in hopes I can muster up one single ounce of sympathy :beers: 

Gremlins don't like water. Phones don't like water. I'm seeing a pattern leading directly to a well earned G&T. Enjoy it.

I can imagine the sun burn.....

26 mins ago, PeterO said:

Yes, he does.

That was a painful read to end up with the conclusion that it sounds like the T and dt started right after Brett left.

No...it started as soon as I got home though...I'm 1 1/2 T and DT's in so far...and I can't stop mentally reaching for my ****ing phone :mad: 

32 mins ago, PeterO said:

Yea, the egg roll story is “interesting” now let’s hear the “different” story, thx.

That girl was smoking hot. I heard that the hands of time slapped her around pretty hard.

I'm on my 4th G+T.

Sadly, it's New Amsterdam Gin. Good for nothing but tonic water.

Caught at least a dozen small flukes off the same rockpile I fish every weekend when we go to the beach. 1/2 oz jig with a new penny gulp jerk shad. Barb crushed for easy release. Nothing over 16 inches today. 

I love the beach but have a hard time just sitting. So I fish, and swim. 

Today, I ate half of a 15 mg edible before we left. I could have stayed at the beach all day. :howdy:

1 hour ago, TimS said:

So today I got a dose of the universe telling me to kiss it's ass :blackeye:  I'm working on the boat trying to track down this unbelievable gremlin in the 4G radar that's been haunting us for a month. I'm in the center console, best way I can describe it is a human sized EZ bake oven...for a couple hours...all kinda of fun. We sent the unit out for warranty repair a while back - they return it, no note, no message, no idea if they found anything wrong or not :squid:  It still didn't work when we got it back so we moved on, replaced the RI10 radar interface...same intermittent problems. Today we tested every wire, replaced every connection, we could...and finally, on a factory Lowrance ethernet cable - that we tested a couple times before - find that there's an intermittent open...if you move the wire or bend the wire, somewhere inside is a break...then you move it again, and everything is fine :mad: The hardest thing to find on a boat. So we get it figured out...we find the part number, it's a stupid $30 cable (we've been through a few hundred dollars in other parts already) - find out it's in stock in Brick Town, Brett goes to pick it up.

So I'm gonna take apart the console so we can run this cable when he gets back...takes me twenty minutes. I'm now bored, so I start cleaning up where everybody hangs their jigs behind the seats...putting them all away...and one is stuck, so I pulled a little harder, and it pops free and the back of my pointer finger runs right up the blade of the bait knife that I just sharpened on the last trip :dismay: I cut a quick bandage out of a clean rag (thanks Tommy for the clean rags :) ) and wrap it with black tape, wiped up the blood on the deck and seat...good to go. I finish putting all the jigs back in their appropriate boxes...two guys a few slips away have been trying to engage me in some fishing talk two or three times since they got back in...I figure I'll go talk to them now that I'm bored again. On the way off the boat my iPhone X falls into the drink. Astronomical high tide...it's 10 ****ing feet deep :rolleyes: Drive back to my house, grab a longer handled net...it's super flimsy and has real fine mesh. Laying on the back of the boat with my arm in the water up to my shoulder I can just reach the bottom...spend 40 minutes trying to scoop around blind...nothing but nasty, stinky sloppy much and seaweed. I'm baked, it's a thousand degrees, I've probably sweated two gallons, cut my finger to the knuckle and deposited my phone into the river. But we did get the radar fixed :freak: 

TimS

So you had a typical day of boat repair? :laugh: I’m not looking forward to doing something similar on Tuesday!

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

I just ate fluke, scallops, and lobster.

Now I want Chinese food

Tonight’s dinner. 

A4CA9758-FAD9-4F95-B31A-B31297FEB6A1.jpeg

0BE33066-2137-4EB4-88F1-CF63C48F1553.jpeg