Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

96,394 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kml said:

I don’t leave the ringer on my phone. If there is an emergency in the middle of the night it will have to wait til morning. 

Same.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

I don’t leave the ringer on my phone. If there is an emergency in the middle of the night it will have to wait til morning. 

Or if it is Y just calling for a 2:30 AM chit chat.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

My mother always wanted me to call when I would leave their house and drive home... nevermind the hundreds of other times that I would go from point A to point B that she never knew about.

"It doesn't matter how late it is, just call and leave a message."

And I always told her,

"How about this instead.  If I don't make it home the State Police will call you and tell you about the wreck.  No call, no problem."  

Oh, could she be a pain in the ass. 

"You're never home when I call. I always get the machine.  It's like you don't even live there." 

Yeah, so?  Single and 20s... if I slept in my own bed, that was a regrettable situation that I worked mightily to avoid. LOL.

18 mins ago, Slacker said:

Or if it is Y just calling for a 2:30 AM chit chat.

It must be my charming personality but people don’t call me. 

It is usually all e-mail and text. I have very few one on one calls in the course of a week. I am in a zillion conference calls but very few face to face calls so to speak. 

I have not even had a one on one with my boss in the last 5 weeks, I am not complaining. 

The last thing I got from Y was a drunk text for a zoom toast 10 minutes after my bed time. 

My mother talks to my wife. 

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Do not disturb, family lines ring through.

Also, your plaque was on the wall.

20200628_114053.jpg

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

I can imagine TonySnaps grabbing that recalcitrant shrew by the Trump handle and dragging her out of her Escalade for a little talking to.

:laugh::clap::laugh: You paint a pretty word picture my friend :laugh:

So today I got a dose of the universe telling me to kiss it's ass :blackeye:  I'm working on the boat trying to track down this unbelievable gremlin in the 4G radar that's been haunting us for a month. I'm in the center console, best way I can describe it is a human sized EZ bake oven...for a couple hours...all kinda of fun. We sent the unit out for warranty repair a while back - they return it, no note, no message, no idea if they found anything wrong or not :squid:  It still didn't work when we got it back so we moved on, replaced the RI10 radar interface...same intermittent problems. Today we tested every wire, replaced every connection, we could...and finally, on a factory Lowrance ethernet cable - that we tested a couple times before - find that there's an intermittent open...if you move the wire or bend the wire, somewhere inside is a break...then you move it again, and everything is fine :mad: The hardest thing to find on a boat. So we get it figured out...we find the part number, it's a stupid $30 cable (we've been through a few hundred dollars in other parts already) - find out it's in stock in Brick Town, Brett goes to pick it up.

So I'm gonna take apart the console so we can run this cable when he gets back...takes me twenty minutes. I'm now bored, so I start cleaning up where everybody hangs their jigs behind the seats...putting them all away...and one is stuck, so I pulled a little harder, and it pops free and the back of my pointer finger runs right up the blade of the bait knife that I just sharpened on the last trip :dismay: I cut a quick bandage out of a clean rag (thanks Tommy for the clean rags :) ) and wrap it with black tape, wiped up the blood on the deck and seat...good to go. I finish putting all the jigs back in their appropriate boxes...two guys a few slips away have been trying to engage me in some fishing talk two or three times since they got back in...I figure I'll go talk to them now that I'm bored again. On the way off the boat my iPhone X falls into the drink. Astronomical high tide...it's 10 ****ing feet deep :rolleyes: Drive back to my house, grab a longer handled net...it's super flimsy and has real fine mesh. Laying on the back of the boat with my arm in the water up to my shoulder I can just reach the bottom...spend 40 minutes trying to scoop around blind...nothing but nasty, stinky sloppy much and seaweed. I'm baked, it's a thousand degrees, I've probably sweated two gallons, cut my finger to the knuckle and deposited my phone into the river. But we did get the radar fixed :freak: 

I'm really enjoying this Tangueray and diet tonic...

TimS

18 mins ago, Kml said:

I'm getting Chinese take out for dinner tonight. 

They been closed since this **** started. 

No place around here makes an eggroll worth a ****...it's a crime :dismay: 

17 mins ago, Tom T said:

Ouch

I cringed at the bloody part.

It was the dumbest self injury in many years. Didn't hurt, just bled all over...I was wishing I had some Zap-a-Gap...fixes those clean cuts right up :)

TimS

38 mins ago, Kml said:

I'm getting Chinese take out for dinner tonight. 

They been closed since this **** started. 

Yea, been disapointed the last 2 times we tried Chinese Tkae out from the upscale place here.