Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

95,998 posts in this topic

58 mins ago, Sparky said:

Just wait until they find out farts carry the virus. 

I saw a report that said they can follow the virus in sewage so a fart can definitely transmit it.

The Boss asked me to research COVID testing for all on signing crew members- San Diego, LA/LB/Oakland and Hw.

A) I am purchasing not crewing, Have Some  knowledge of crew movement, I sat in on enough meetings,  we have a crewing dept.

B) We already have an account with Quest Labs for drug testing.

C) We have a contracted  Medical Advisory company that does this sort of thing, he signed the contract, but yet he asked me to research. Not like you can just walk in and say "I want a COVID test."

So, I thought ok the boss Tasked me with this, so I call the Company, see what they say.

We can absolutely assist with testing. We currently provide this service  a few other American maritime companies. 

While we are happy to collect specimens and send them to Quest, we prefer to use our own lab. We perform the exact same test with the same PCR methodology, but we can guarantee the results will be returned the same day they are received at the lab.

In the past when using LabCorp or Quest the return of results has been variable and can fluctuate from 2 days up to a week.

Please let me know you have a few minutes to go over the implementation of this program.

There is a lot of coordination to it.

I made sure I copied in the boss on all this, and future correspondence, he writes me back Immediately, I want to talk to the guys , so we did a ZOOM meeting yesterday, got it turned over to the Port CAptain, and crewing which is where it should have started in the first place, not with me. So, I come to find that he has been sitting in on industry meetings, and that this is now industry standard, because a few american companies, want to mitigate risk as much as possible, so, now the unions and USCG want to see every one doing it.

Crewing is a busy dept, and now they will be inundated. I told them to arrange to have the crew member at the union hall 2 days before they are due to sign on, and the test can be done there, and the crew member will have to be put up in a hotel till his results come back.

effin crazy.

15 mins ago, Mike said:

Lawrence Taylor is the King of sacks and they weren't a stat at the time.

He was also a huge douche.  That has always been a recorded stat.

45 mins ago, Slacker said:

At last... sun.

4F63363C-B6CC-4F13-A934-6704ECD0F979.jpeg.7d0ba2614ec213b4af32474e9e2b07da.jpeg

Why are there two chairs out there. There freak likes to sit by the fire with you?

Just now, Kml said:

Why are there two chairs out there. There freak likes to sit by the fire with you?

I thought that 1 chair just looked too pathetic.

Just now, quiknet said:

Smoked bluefish dip on triscuits with pickled jalapeno slices.   Paired with a blue moon. 

Can't be beat. 

20200528_180205.jpg

I have no problem with the orange in the beer.  But I’m not a fussy bitch.

Just now, Slacker said:

I have no problem with the orange in the beer.  But I’m not a fussy bitch.

It’s my only source of vitamin C

17 mins ago, Slacker said:

Didn’t Bret Farve just roll over to give Taylor the single season sack record?

That was Strahan

1 min ago, Mike said:

I take a gram of vitamin c everyday. I don't see the value in eating a $1 orange a day for 50mg.

I get 100% or more of the US  RDA out of the bottle of vitamins that Mickrazz said I wasted my $18 on back in February.

But what does Mickrazz know anyway. He ruined the chick magnet appeal of that vintage Camaro by wearing plaid pants pulled up to his nipples.

And that’s just one example.