Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

92,080 posts in this topic

I was supposed to be making my way to NJ today and then to New England on Monday.  I don’t feel bad about not making that drive.

I’ve done that fishing trip for 24 consecutive years and am not all that unhappy about having the year off.  I do feel bad for my old man though... his fishing years are almost done, so losing this trip is a bummer for him.  Hopefully he gets his October Champlain bass trip in.

I can’t even really start the lawn mower for another 90 minutes.  Power equipment before 9AM is poor form.

This getting up early thing seems like a huge time waster.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

The Reach must be thick with Flukers, the Ship horns are sounding non stop. 

note: I wouldnt fish the Reach in May.

The Misty Morn went out yesterday and caught next to nothing.  

That guy’s reports all read like George Washington’s letters from Valley Forge. I don’t know how he gets enough to sail.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

I already have the coffee going.  I don’t see what Sparky finds appealing about that 5-6 am hour.

I got up at 3 and went fishing. Back home at 6 and went back to bed until 8:15. 

I am so done with striped bass fishing this spring. Bring on the fluke. 

8 mins ago, Slacker said:

I can’t even really start the lawn mower for another 90 minutes.  Power equipment before 9AM is poor form.

This getting up early thing seems like a huge time waster.

The civilized world thanks you. 

37 mins ago, Sparky said:

I got up at 3 and went fishing. Back home at 6 and went back to bed until 8:15. 

I am so done with striped bass fishing this spring. Bring on the fluke. 

I keep trying to talk myself in to pulling on the waders and dusting off the surf gear.

Maybe some fluke will get through the netters.:o

Downton Abbey might not make the cut.  The wife’s comment this morning was “if that show is just going to be a bunch of kitchen maids squabbling, then I don’t need to watch it”.

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

Asymptomatic spread is the point of everybody wearing a mask.  But still, we have plenty of jackasses that say “why should I have to wear a mask, I’m not sick”.  

The fact of this thing is that you can feel fine and still kill feeble old farts like Spiglet, Snaps and Mickrazz.  

The potential for killing feeble old farts is significantly reduced by universal mask use.  Oh and that “6 foot rule” isn’t applicable if some talks above a whisper, coughs, sneezes or is pushing out rep #10 on the seated bench press machine.

Glad I’m not one of those “feeble old farts”!

8 mins ago, Slacker said:

Downton Abbey might not make the cut.  The wife’s comment this morning was “if that show is just going to be a bunch of kitchen maids squabbling, then I don’t need to watch it”.

It's like watching a painting

28 mins ago, Snaps said:

I keep trying to talk myself in to pulling on the waders and dusting off the surf gear.

Maybe some fluke will get through the netters.:o

I was seriously contemplating this yesterday afternoon. I was planning a pre-dawn raid for this morning. Then foot rub girl said something about getting together, then bailed, so.... Vodka 

3 mins ago, Mike said:

It's like watching a painting

I’m tired of period dramas that have to cram in every bit of the current culture.  Downton Abbey made sure to get a gay plot line into the first episode... I figure the second episode will be one of the chicks having an eating disorder.

Last week we watched Mary Queen of Scots.  That gem has included a gay plot line, a tranny, and Mary herself getting some oral pleasure from a dude who was part of the gay plot line.

Hygiene in Scotland in the 1500s was sketchy at best.  Going down would have presented the flavor palate of clams aged in a port-a-john in August.  I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there wasn’t a lot of the oral going on.