Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

95,994 posts in this topic

Aunt Becky took a plea deal.  2 months of jail time (maybe she does 2 weeks in the Covid jail release era). Pays a fine.  Spends some time painting park benches.

12 mins ago, Snaps said:

If they are not replacing it, kind of sad, the Party Boat Business, is slowly dying.

One of the Captains just signed on last week, we were e-mailing he was  telling me the PB costs on the west coat -here is what he said

Party boats have gotten so expensive!  $200/person out here.  $250 on the 6-packs.  I’ve been wanting to buy a boat for a long time.  Anyone who’s ever owned a boat will tell you they are a “hole in the water you throw your money into.”  I’ve done it, and it sure is true.  I had a 27 ft Mirage with twin Mercruiser 502’s.  It was bad ass.  Expensive, but so much fun.   I’m thinking maybe in 4 or 5 years when all three of my kids are old enough, maybe do it again.  

No longer slowly dining, it's been killed by the politicians. I question whether it will ever be a viable business model again. in MA the max load with a captain and mate is 8 paying passengers, same in CT. How can any party boat turn a profit on 8 fares? 

$45,000 a year in expenses - not including bait or fuel - to run a 25’ charter boat.  Yeah, I don’t think so.

CC15C04B-6843-4BE6-B842-2D8799EA63AA.jpeg.84ac86629617ddf8c3c8124a78bda000.jpeg

17 mins ago, MakoMike said:

No longer slowly dining, it's been killed by the politicians. I question whether it will ever be a viable business model again. in MA the max load with a captain and mate is 8 paying passengers, same in CT. How can any party boat turn a profit on 8 fares? 

Even before this you’d have to be half nuts to be a young guy planning to run a party boat.

57 mins ago, Slacker said:

Aunt Becky took a plea deal.  2 months of jail time (maybe she does 2 weeks in the Covid jail release era). Pays a fine.  Spends some time painting park benches.

Lock her up

52 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Between politicians, regs and overfishing, zero chance.

It hit me the Jamaica may be 125 LOA and 110 at the waterline. Isn't it more common to refer to big ships based on the waterline.  

1 hour ago, Snaps said:

Spig what are you getting at ???

I may be wrong but it seems there are a few folks buying into the "don't go out until there is a vaccine" bullsh1t.

What I’m buying into is that the science of the Covid situation has not changed at all since mid-March.  

The virus is the same.  The lack of viable treatment is the same. Herd immunity is a pipe dream that is at least a year from coming to fruition.

All that has actually changed is the political messaging to the sheep.

Baaa,  go spend money, Baaa... has replaced stay at home, Baaa, Baaa.  

And that is the right message.  Our economy is built on suckers who spend money that they have (and don’t have) mostly on stuff they don’t need. We need those suckers.  

And right now we need those suckers for more than their money... we need them to get sick.  Their sickness is the path to the herd immunity grail.  That is the reality of epidemiology and truly getting back to the real normal of 50,000 people enjoying a fine Sunday afternoon at Yankee stadium.

Don’t miss the huge Memorial Day savings!!!

44 mins ago, Spigola said:

I may be wrong but it seems there are a few folks buying into the "don't go out until there is a vaccine" bullsh1t.

Not me.

15 mins ago, Slacker said:

Herd immunity is a pipe dream that is at least a year from coming to fruition.

Me and my family did our part, none of you came to visit.

4 mins ago, Slayer said:

Not me.

I woulda come if you didn’t drag your feet all Spring on getting the boat in the water.

56 mins ago, Spigola said:

take the precautions and take your chances. Vaccines done the correct way take years, and sorry, I don't know/or think it can be fast tracked. I have had folks tell me,  they are not taking a vaccine, until i has been proven on the effing herd.

Everyone acts as if this is the first pandemic, this or any country has seen. 

7 mins ago, Slayer said:

Not me.

Please Stop with the herd immunity BS, WTF really wants to get this crap ??

Us old farts want to get it , so we can go fishing with out a mask and gloves.

Nice big chunk of coal... anthracite coal, to be exact.  Picked it up as a souvenir while inspecting a dragline at an strip mine in central Pennsylvania.

C75E1750-5BC7-49FC-A1C1-7860B9A9702D.jpeg.6f90b89a9687394e6138e1fc5c02ffad.jpeg