Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

86,414 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Slacker said:

The recycling pick-up contractor did not renew their contract with the county.  China isn't buying empty bottles anymore, so no other contractor wants the business, either.  

So with nobody wanting these empty bottles, the direction is to just toss them in the garbage.

And to the best of my feeble knowledge it is actually better for the environment. Recycling anything other than paper consumes more environmental resources than to produce from raw materials. That may have changed since I read the original analysis but it sticks in my memory. 

2 mins ago, Kml said:

And to the best of my feeble knowledge it is actually better for the environment. Recycling anything other than paper consumes more environmental resources than to produce from raw materials. That may have changed since I read the original analysis but it sticks in my memory. 

There are stockpiles of plastic just sitting. 

I was in a place last year that was about 150,000 square feet of nothing but scrap plastic 20' high.  I asked them why they weren't moving this stuff, and the answer was that the price per pound that China would pay wouldn't cover the shipping cost. 

The stuff is pretty much worthless anymore.

2 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Why can't I open the videos posted? It used to work and now it doesn't. Video on other sites work. What kind of crappy site is this. SOL..pffffft

The best way is to put it on YouTube and link it here

3 mins ago, Kml said:

The best way is to put it on YouTube and link it here

I think he is saying he can't open the videos that we are putting up (from YouTube).

5 hours ago, mickrazz said:

Ok, very serious post. I just talked to my son. He's working from 6am to whenever the phone stops ringing, at times 2am, 7 days a week.

He's talking to the CFO's COO's and they are literally begging for help with beds and stretchers. He has all of the Columbia/Cornell Presbyterian medical centers in NY. 

He told me that Brooklyn has a strain of this virus that is killing people of all ages. The doctors try to wean a patient off the ventilator and in an hour the patient dies.

Doctors and nurses he speaks with have never in their 40 years, seen anything like this. 

Hospitals in the midwest are cancelling orders so that NY has enough equipment. 

He's been on the phone with Hackensack medical center, one of his oldest clients, for the last month making sure they have everything they need. They kept telling him yes. Yesterday they placed an order for 500 each beds and stretchers. A normal lead time is 2 weeks, now its 3 months.

My point here is that this is nothing to **** with. Corey, Shiesty, Kevin and anyone else that might have to go to Brooklyn, don't. Just don't. 

Jr. has been hoping every day might get better. Every day is getting worse. 

I fear that we're next, along with Connecticut. Sorry for the bad news, but I wanted to let you guys know.

Thanks. Scary shite.

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Slayer is probably building a ventilator as I type.  He wanted to try suturing me at the tog house.  I think he has just been waiting for an opportunity to practice medicine.

Hank can do anything. You should have let him try.