Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

82,096 posts in this topic

23 mins ago, Kml said:

I like a jam knot fine except when it needs to go through small guides and stuff. The clean profile of the fg is what is attractive for that feature. 

It is strong if done well. The chart in that video is ****. 

doing it well with frozen hands on a rolling boat is still a challenge for me. I do fg at home where I can do it very well. 

Bristol is my current cold hand boat good enough knot and I think the GT in the video may replace that. 

The GT is close, but easier than the slim beauty. I'm gonna use it and see.

Slacker ties ****** knots anyway. Eff him.

4 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Stick your onion thingys in your ass.

You are getting me confused with Snaps.  Understandable as we are both good looking and gloriously bald.

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

I’m not hard to deal with.  I give you three weeks notice of my visit, in writing.  

I tell you, in writing, exactly what reports that you will need to provide and that I will need either hard copy or electronic copy for our files.  I recommend that you scan and email them in advance; this will save time and allow for us to review them and discuss the review with you while I’m onsite.

I send you a reminder three days in advance of the meeting.

I told you last time I was out what needed to be done... in writing... three times... over three months.  I told you what would happen if it wasn’t done.

And you fail to do any of it.  And then wonder why I am such a prick.  Don’t grovel and beg, now.  Don’t wonder why I won’t “take your word for it”. I don’t care that I’m putting you in a bad spot with your boss.  

Writing a report saying you are great or saying you suck is really just a matter of which keys I hit on the keyboard... both take the same amount of work. Sure, I’m pleasant... don’t mistake that for friendship... the strike zone isn’t changing for you.

Have a nice day while I go drink coffee in the rental.

The ogre hath spoken.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, mickrazz said:

Throw that piece of **** blue avet in the garbage. Bring it next time we fish and I'll throw it in the ocean. Doosh.

Still a lever drag Tog hater? My son's still uses your Gold Avet for everything, including his release of the Long Branch lunker last Columbus Day . . .  MP karma knows no bounds 

toghog.jpg

10 hours ago, Kml said:

That is why I go for the dip option in the land of the unknown doneness. I can add moisture back in as I see fit. 

A very well done burger is inedible for me. I always order rare and hope for edible. 

Exactly! I'll never forget my grandmother ordering her burgers, stopping the waitress after she already told her rare and said... "I still want it Moo-ing." She was a regular and the burger actually came out dead rare, cold, in the center. She ate the whole thing with a smile. That was prob 20 years ago, can't find places like that anymore. RIP Magic's Pub & Artful Dodger. 

30 mins ago, Billybob said:

I bet those customers would heed Slacker's dictates if he looked more like his Avatar and less like himself.

I would never dictate.  I merely explain the future outcomes of various actions and inactions.  I myself am an irrelevant observer to events... I am just a sign post saying “bridge out”... the sign post doesn’t care if you drive past.

It is up to them to decide... but when a course of action (inaction) has been implemented resulting in a negative outcome, don’t come crying to me about your policy being canceled or that premium and deductible bump.  

Be a man, Lester, not a pimp.

Edited by Slacker

It is 12F outside the Holiday Inn.  I’m glad I have a late start... maybe it will warm up to 14F by the time I head to the car.