Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

38 mins ago, Slacker said:

I’m not hard to deal with.  I give you three weeks notice of my visit, in writing.  

I tell you, in writing, exactly what reports that you will need to provide and that I will need either hard copy or electronic copy for our files.  I recommend that you scan and email them in advance; this will save time and allow for us to review them and discuss the review with you while I’m onsite.

I send you a reminder three days in advance of the meeting.

I told you last time I was out what needed to be done... in writing... three times... over three months.  I told you what would happen if it wasn’t done.

And you fail to do any of it.  And then wonder why I am such a prick.  Don’t grovel and beg, now.  Don’t wonder why I won’t “take your word for it”. I don’t care that I’m putting you in a bad spot with your boss.  

Writing a report saying you are great or saying you suck is really just a matter of which keys I hit on the keyboard... both take the same amount of work. Sure, I’m pleasant... don’t mistake that for friendship... the strike zone isn’t changing for you.

Have a nice day while I go drink coffee in the rental.

What the hell do you do?

7 mins ago, Billybob said:

What the hell do you do?

I tell my employer whether or not their customer could reasonably be expected to be seen on the 6 pm newscast surrounded by fire trucks and shrouded in an aesthetically pleasing hazy orange glow.

Edited by Slacker

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It has always fascinated me to know that somewhere, sometime, a conscious individual capable of thought, even rudimentary thought, would not grasp the concept of "hot coffee" and would put said hot coffee in their mouth without regard to the potential outcome. Thus giving rise to the words idiot, imbecile, blockhead, dunce, schlemiel, ninny, twit, cretin, moron, nincompoop (a childhood fav of mine), numpty, puddinghead, knucklehead, dunderhead, bonehead, blockhead, chucklehead, airhead pinhead, dingbat, wing-nut, balloon knot and the like. The plethora of terminology, the surface of which was barely scratched above, stands as proud testament to the remarkable frequency with which such "hot coffee" moments occur. 

You forgot doosh bag.

The Magnificent Presence

Late to the party on juxtaposition. Gregg AND Kev used it -- and neither got points for it -- which is cool only because I was referencing their adjacent avatars.

It's a shame that such a fine word should go unrewarded.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Your truck sounds like an upgraded version of a bum’s shopping cart.

Not too far from the truth. I do live out of it for most of the summer, since I'm never in one place for too long. This time of year it's mostly empty, I take most of my crap out of it in the fall, but there is always come stuff floating around in it.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

46 mins ago, Slacker said:

I tell my employer whether or not their customer could reasonably be expected to be seen on the 6 pm newscast surrounded by fire trucks and shrouded in an aesthetically pleasing hazy orange glow.

Just from that post and the parking lots you posted I knew you played in the world of HPR . . .

I spent quality time at FM in the 80's

PeterO can vouch for me   :D

• Mike pinned this topic