Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

79,686 posts in this topic

I feel for Nonna Bertolucci as she stood at the dock waving to the ship bound for the Americas.  And knowing that she was flat left.

“Those damn kids are already Americana and they haven’t even left the dock”, she thought.

19 hours ago, Billybob said:

How did Sheisty make out with the heat?

I was thinking ignitor and flame detector.

The more I thought about it, i said it sounds like a thermostat issue. A functions all day but at a specific time at night it blows cold air. Sounds like the fan is set to On instead of auto or the thermostat is crapping out.

I get to the apt Friday to find out she and her 15 year old son changed the hardwired thermostat from a basic unit to a smart unit that allows scheduling, phone access, etc. Not only that now the furnance does stay lit (cycling), and there was a noticeable buzzing sound. She was not home, just the son. I removed new unit (I noticed the common wire was not connected), rewired the original and the same problems existed.

Service tech comes Saturday tightens one of the wires on thermostat, cleans a sensor which was causing the unit to cycle, reset everything and that was that...

I asked about the CFM's, he ran the unit for a few minutes with the covers off and CFM's went up drastically the apt about 1250 sqft  temperature raised 7 degree's in 10 minutes. He said the way the furnace and ductwork was installed is the issue. The return is to small because of the beams. He recommends repositioning the furnace and the ductwork all located in the attic (crawlspace). He didn't try to sell me the job, he actually said he didn't want to do it but it's a 2-3k job.

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

There is still time for you Brother Snaps.  All is not lost.

Got 2 grand kids and a daughter, they talked about moving/transferring to Pa., I dunno, got all my friends here, then again the Town will be over run with Hasidics and cats, so Do I/We want to stay ??? nah dont wanna deal with that BS at 70, myabe go further south Jersey ?? Delaware ?? Good toging no ??

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

Oh, baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's back patio cat crap

Some funny chit there. If I move it is gonna be when these 2 effing cats die, I aint gonna semi revamp a place to my liking only to have 2 cats eff it up.

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

It’s hard to imagine how any of those Sicilianos ever got on a boat.

Please stop.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Sounds like at least 5 pallets of TP

Dont be a smart ass, Peddle faster !!!!!

32 mins ago, Sheisty said:

The more I thought about it, i said it sounds like a thermostat issue. A functions all day but at a specific time at night it blows cold air. Sounds like the fan is set to On instead of auto or the thermostat is crapping out.

I get to the apt Friday to find out she and her 15 year old son changed the hardwired thermostat from a basic unit to a smart unit that allows scheduling, phone access, etc. Not only that now the furnance does stay lit (cycling), and there was a noticeable buzzing sound. She was not home, just the son. I removed new unit (I noticed the common wire was not connected), rewired the original and the same problems existed.

Service tech comes Saturday tightens one of the wires on thermostat, cleans a sensor which was causing the unit to cycle, reset everything and that was that...

I asked about the CFM's, he ran the unit for a few minutes with the covers off and CFM's went up drastically the apt about 1250 sqft  temperature raised 7 degree's in 10 minutes. He said the way the furnace and ductwork was installed is the issue. The return is to small because of the beams. He recommends repositioning the furnace and the ductwork all located in the attic (crawlspace). He didn't try to sell me the job, he actually said he didn't want to do it but it's a 2-3k job.

Bottom line is she bangable ???? AFG prbly would.  Dont have to reposition it, leave it alone, but better covers on.

31 mins ago, Sheisty said:

My heat works gramps.

IGBBFH :p

26 mins ago, Snaps said:

Dont have to reposition it, leave it alone, but better covers on.

IGBBFH :p

@Sheisty By covers off do you mean the covers on the furnace and it took in more air that way? If so, can't you just add another return or two between the small beam spaces? Sounds like return is in the ceiling, no?

2 hours ago, Kml said:

Nothing like that to worry about. At least I don't think so.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Everybody is happy when it is raining rupees.

Everyone except the guy with the lazy eye who is thinking he's worth twice the rupees KML just gave him.

2 hours ago, Sheisty said:

My heat works gramps.

In that case I hope your water line freezes and breaks and floods your kitchen. Maybe your toilet will plug up and you'll have **** all over the floor. Then, fine sir, you may go **** yourself.

6 mins ago, mickrazz said:

In that case I hope your water line freezes and breaks and floods your kitchen. Maybe your toilet will plug up and you'll have **** all over the floor. Then, fine sir, you may *************.

My goodness.  :b:

Are you that dapper fella in the suit a dozen pages back? 

10 mins ago, mickrazz said:

In that case I hope your water line freezes and breaks and floods your kitchen. Maybe your toilet will plug up and you'll have **** all over the floor. Then, fine sir, you may *************.

I'll scoop it up and leave it on ur door step. Then leave a fresh one in your right shoe for good measure.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

@Sheisty By covers off do you mean the covers on the furnace and it took in more air that way? If so, can't you just add another return or two between the small beam spaces? Sounds like return is in the ceiling, no?

Yes furnace covers, yes return is in the ceiling.

I'll see what happens with 2nd  & 3rd oppinions down the road.