Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

71,570 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, PeterO said:

So the MP and I finally made it to Keyport Fishery for the long anticipated (by me) lunch.  The MP, in his usual magnificent style, treated me to the KF version of the all-you-can-eat seafood-buffet and it was in fact magnificent!  And that's not counting the time we got to spend in the Black Rogue (inside cause it was cold & windy) eating seafood and trading stories like we were two miscreants sitting on the Group W bench.  Thanks for lunch Mick, always a pleasure to spend time with you :howdy:

Now the only thing I have left to say

Was it opulent?

6 hours ago, PeterO said:

So the MP and I finally made it to Keyport Fishery for the long anticipated (by me) lunch.  The MP, in his usual magnificent style, treated me to the KF version of the all-you-can-eat seafood-buffet and it was in fact magnificent!  And that's not counting the time we got to spend in the Black Rogue (inside cause it was cold & windy) eating seafood and trading stories like we were two miscreants sitting on the Group W bench.  Thanks for lunch Mick, always a pleasure to spend time with you :howdy:

Now the only thing I have left to say

Father rapers :laugh:

1 hour ago, mickrazz said:

I really enjoyed having lunch with my old friend Peter today. What surprised me was the tab for lunch. 

I wouldn't mind if there was a place to sit in there, but to blow northwards of a C note and have to eat in my car is a little much. 

C note before the car wash?  That was nice being able to toss the shells in the back.  Who doesn’t love a oysters and clams on the half - they were excellent.  Would have loved to have seen the looks when they opened the back to vacuum!

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Was it opulent?

Please, I was with the MP, it was magnificent, beats opulent x3 at least, and we didn’t have to cook it ourselves. :dismay:

27 mins ago, Sparky said:

Father rapers :laugh:

It was a wide-ranging conversation - ‘nuff said.

8 mins ago, Snaps said:

Any you guys have tips tying the albright?

Simple enuff knot, to tie, but yesterday , 3 times pulled some loops off the mono ,when I was testing it.

I’ll assume braid to mono. How many turns are you wrapping?

For the record I am not a fan. I’d go uni uni over Albright. I’d also go FG over uni uni.

i

17 mins ago, Kml said:

For the record I am not a fan. I’d go uni uni over Albright. I’d also go FG over uni uni.

i

Yes braid to mono 10 wraps. 

Uni uni is great very easy to tie even if you eff it up still works. Problem with uni gets hung on guides w/50# mono, I understand your concern with the albright. I think if you lock it in using the tag end of the braid with an overhand knot?? Adds a little security.??

2 hours ago, Kml said:

i

FWIW I use a double Palomar Over a small barrel swivel.

Edited by MakoMike

31 mins ago, MakoMike said:

FWIW I use a double Palomar Over a small barrel swivel.

Yea? And everytime you break out , you have to go in to you bag grab the spool of mono, pull some off, put it back, tie on a new topshot. And then tie your rig?

I run 14 foot top shot off the braid , with a uni to uni or hopefully albright, that top shot will last all day sometimes 2 or more trips.