Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

71,263 posts in this topic

Just now, Slacker said:

I keep timing out and have to reboot the page.

It was like that for me last night. Better today after I restarted my phone. 

11 mins ago, Slacker said:

I'm starting a new business.  I am tying snafu rigs for $10 a piece.  My marketing strategy is to undercut the competition through lower prices.

I thought the use of Gami hooks was a nice touch. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, Kml said:

Where is all this going on?

@Zuckerberg's fisherman's depot posted in "i blackfish", like iphone, group. $10.99 for a store tied snafu rig :wee:

(****** is autocensored)

Edited by Mike

Pennsylvania people.  SMH.

Myself and XXXXX saved the lives of two guys from Pennsylvania in the dark this morning. They anchored their boat with the transom into the current in the fastest current at the bridge. They managed to put their rods out I told my guys to be ready to scramble because they were going to be in trouble at some point. 10 minutes later they took on water and the boat sunk in less then 30 seconds they had waders on and were clinging to the boat and a couple life jackets. I got the younger of the two and drug him to shore. XXXXX got his dad who was drowning as he was tangled in their fishing lines. Very scary situation they had waders on witch I told them to get off before I got to them and they did. Intense 10 minutes. If anyone knows who they are tell them I’m glad they are safe.

8 mins ago, Mike said:

@Slacker Where?

NY somewhere.  Doesn't matter.  See your Zuckerberg.  BJ Silvia has an open tog date for Friday 10/18 should you be interested and enough guys are going to be at the house.  $750.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Pennsylvania people.  SMH.

And then I read this in the RI forum

"Had a guy at a well known eastern facing rock ledge in SoCo go in the drink just as dark fell wearing those all rubber "Duck Boots".  He spoken very broken English(bucket fishing with his wife 10' back from him); when he said he saw my outline off to his right way down on the water edge so he figured he would get closer down towards the water-line. Little did he know after he took two steps forward and put all his weight into his rear leg while making a cast that his legs were taken out from underneath him. Thus resulting in a man that couldnt swim being rescued by myself who if i hadn't dropped my rod/reel after my retrieve, to full sprint along the ledge drop he would've drowned.  Outgoing tide ripping off the point i was fishing just to his south and if i happened to be 1-2 steps short of making it to him it would've been all over for the poor guy....He luckily stayed above water long enough to swing an arm backwards which found its place in my hand and I pulled him back onto the ledge and I've never seen the look of pure and utter fear like I saw on that mans face after sliding him back up onto the rock.  After explaining to him the boots(Korker K5 Bombers w/ studded soles) were meant for that i was wearing he explained that he wouldn't ever again come back without a pair of them and a self inflating PFD.  Sure enough 2-3 weeks pass I found myself repeating the same process except with a gentlemen who could swim (if that's what he'd call it).  But people really under estimate the power and true danger that the waters around our watersheds can pose if taken lightly...."

Edited by Mike

Eastern facing indicates Hazard or Bass rocks south of Tog House. I've already been warned about those by one of the locals. He told me Hazard is particularly bad in that there are caves under the rock ledges you stand on. You can get sucked under if you go in.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Eastern facing indicates Hazard or Bass rocks south of Tog House. I've already been warned about those by one of the locals. He told me Hazard is particularly bad in that there are caves under the rock ledges you stand on. You can get sucked under if you go in.

Ledges.  Caves. Tog.  Oh my.