Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

12 mins ago, Slacker said:

Drop 'em in waist deep water, give them away... whatever.  Less than coffee and a donut.

Drop em in waist deep water who is bending over to pick them up?

They’ll be rusted shut before that get back to the surface. 

You can get a pair of them aluminum ones that look like fishing pliers with a sheath and a lanyard for 15 bucks. 5 trips and it’s even money. 

1 hour ago, Kml said:

Drop em in waist deep water who is bending over to pick them up?

They’ll be rusted shut before that get back to the surface. 

You can get a pair of them aluminum ones that look like fishing pliers with a sheath and a lanyard for 15 bucks. 5 trips and it’s even money. 

Please. A shot of WD40 and they are fine.

But that was the point.  At $3, I'm not getting wet picking them up.

13 hours ago, Kml said:

For the jeopardy fans here. James’s brother in law hosts a podcast on NPR Planet Money. He did a recent episode called How Uncle Jame Broke Jeopardy. It is about 30 minutes and pretty good. He interviews former champs about how James plays and his prowess with the buzzer etc. and James comes on for a bit to discuss his strategy and the random way he bets the final numbers and the meaning behind them. 

I liked it. 

You can get it right on the NPR Planet Money website no special apps needed. 

I didn't listen to this, but i suspect that he rings in after each answer right away regardless of whether the light bulb goes off in his head...because he's knows that he will know the question to every answer.  

And he starts with the higher valued answers first because obviously it increases his chances for getting the DD.  Combine that with teh fact that he knows the questions to 99.9% of the answers his scores are always high.

10 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

I didn't listen to this, but i suspect that he rings in after each answer right away regardless of whether the light bulb goes off in his head...because he's knows that he will know the question to every answer.  

And he starts with the higher valued answers first because obviously it increases his chances for getting the DD.  Combine that with teh fact that he knows the questions to 99.9% of the answers his scores are always high.

Yea I was kinda thinking the same.

18 mins ago, Snaps said:

You are the savy shopper, A little WD40 from time to time and theyll will stay new.

Use corrosion block, its waaaaaaay better than wd-40.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

1 hour ago, mickrazz said:

Pliers are boring.

True.  So something completely different.

I'm driving north over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.  A bunch of muslims are riding over it on bicycles; some are going the wrong direction.  And I realize I forgot my Grundens.

What does it mean?  I'm taking "you're gay" off the table right now, because gay is boring.  Get to work.

22 mins ago, Slacker said:

True.  So something completely different.

I'm driving north over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.  A bunch of muslims are riding over it on bicycles; some are going the wrong direction.  And I realize I forgot my Grundens.

What does it mean?  I'm taking "you're gay" off the table right now, because gay is boring.  Get to work.

WTF how did you come up with this ???

You musta been dreaming.

Well, Muslims and Grundens Rhyme.

Now if the Muslims were riding bicycles, wearing Grundens, and one of them robbed a 7-11,  and cops  asked ,who did it ??

They can say the Muslims wearing  grundens.

I know someone else wulda been thinking " I wish the  door would accidentaly fly open" especially if it were a bunch of Hasidics.

1 hour ago, Snaps said:

You are the savy shopper, A little WD40 from time to time and theyll will stay new.

I had a cheap pair for years... with a wrapped cord handle.  Last year I dropped them or loaned them and didn't get them back or something... whatever, they are gone.  They (the old gone ones and the new ones) are small and light... barely even notice them in the bag. 

Don't want to drag around some clunky $300 pair of VS with their leather and phone cord to unhook the one bass of the week that took a jig too deep to just push out with your finger.  Even if I was the sort to drop $300 on pliers which I most certainly am not.

And besides, pliers are boring.

Edited by Slacker

I don't ever carry pliers around.  I've got dykes that i use to trim knots or cut a treble if needed.  And a razor blade to trim braid.  In the unlikely event a fish swallows a jig i'll use dykes but the stuff i use is so big i can always push it out.  Occasional Sparky plug use in which case if i get one i'm using my fingers.

Got a pair of Abels somewhere in the garage or some plug bag with the telephone cord cable that resurfaces every few years, probably can't cut through over cooked pasta by now so they're useless to me.

• Mike pinned this topic