Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

60,837 posts in this topic

"Comfortably" to me means no mandatory significant change in lifestyle between when you were working and when you retired.  Sure, maybe you downsize, maybe you scrimp on this or that... but not because finances require it.

1 min ago, Mike said:

Measuring blue stone < mow grass < catch sea bass

Or is it 

Mow grass < measure blue stone < catch sea bass

???

I'd rather measure blue stone for 10 seconds and then go nap in the truck for an hour, than mow grass.

2 mins ago, Mike said:

Some of my most tiring trips were on the Monger mid June,  catching 500+ sea bass to put 150 in the box. People would be giving up....

8" sea bass get pretty boring after awhile.  You can't even make them interesting with light tackle.

Took dog of peace out for ice cream last night... she is a fan.  Now she is off at the shelter getting her health certificate to transport her out of State.  Friday is her ride to Lesbian Land.

3 mins ago, Mike said:

The cats thank you

I once cleaned up after a cat/pit altercation.  Both survived.  But the house looked like a scene from CSI.  The cat got her licks in... I was surprised that with all the head scratches that that dog didn't lose an eye.

Edited by Slacker

28 mins ago, Slacker said:

Dude in the Tavern thinks that there is somewhere in Florida where you can retire "comfortably" on $35K a year.  For the math challenged, that is less than $3K a month all in. 

I don't buy it.  I don't think you could live "comfortably" on $35K on a North Dakota indian reservation.

Some guys are comfortable living in a refrigerator box under an overpass :shrug:

In my opinion, the dog is good with cats.  But all it takes is one misread signal... if the cat decides "I have had enough" and unloads with a swipe, it is game on.  

Just now, Tom T said:

Some guys are comfortable living in a refrigerator box under an overpass :shrug:

I doubt that applies to guys who claim to be making six figures playing point and click in some NYC IT center.

28 mins ago, Slacker said:

I doubt that applies to guys who claim to be making six figures playing point and click in some NYC IT center.

If he chooses to live in NYC, 100k isn't going to get him a lot more than that refrigerator box.