Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

56,218 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Slacker said:

I like it.  Truck bed transportable.  Cheap.

Nice setup. I had the first version of the Nucanoe, the Classic in 2014. Got it used from a kayak rental place at the Jersey shore the previous fall. My first fishing kayak. My first trip out in the spring, I went with Cheech from this site, and a buddy of his out in the Western Sound. They both had Hobies. While I was paddling to fight the current, they were fishing. By the fall, I had a Hobie. Thanks to that cheap tugboat, I got into kayak fishing. They're wide and very stable, perfect for the calm waters of Bumeff. Starting the motor would be a pain, unless I'm missing something.

This year's splurge will hopefully be one of those trolling motors with the anchor lock for the solo skiff. Togging off that thing without messing around with an anchor would be a blast.

9 mins ago, csteven said:

Starting the motor would be a pain, unless I'm missing something.

That is what I think too.  The seat swivels so maybe that makes the pull cord reachable.

7 mins ago, csteven said:

This year's splurge will hopefully be one of those trolling motors with the anchor lock for the solo skiff. Togging off that thing without messing around with an anchor would be a blast.

One of the tog captains in RI uses that set-up on a 25' Parker.

You can get those setup in 12 volt I am assuming you are not adding two batteries for a trolling motor. 

I may need to look into this for my boat . I used to have the navigator electrics that bolt on to the out board lower but one of them died from water intrusion and I never replaced that setup. Didn’t use it enough to justify the cost but the position holding one is interesting enough to give it a look. 

22 mins ago, csteven said:

Carry an extra battery!

Tagged Fish 2019 Spring Open Boat dates fresh from the oven.  

50 ft TAGGED FISH

Open Boat & Charter Fishing

I have set aside the following dates for our open boat crew. There will be more as the season gets going. As usual private charters are always available. Don’t wait to book your trip as you know we fill up quickly. 
ALL TRIPS ARE BOOKED BY PHONE OR TEXT ONLY !!!!!!!!!!
732-895-7830

STRIPED BASS
Saturday 4/6
Tuesday 4/9
Tuesday 4/16
Friday 4/19.....2-7 pm
Saturday 4/20......2-7 pm
Wednesday 5/1
Wednesday 5/8.... 5 am
Friday 5/10.....5 am
Monday 5/13.....5 am

BLACKFISH 
Thursday 4/25
Monday 4/29
Thursday 4/30

SEABASS 
Friday 5/17
Tuesday 5/21
Thursday 5/23
Sunday 5/26
Monday 5/27
Tuesday 6/4
Thursday 6/6
Friday 6/7
Tuesday 6/11
Tuesday 6/18

MUDHOLE WRECKS 
Sunday 6/23
Tuesday 6/25
Saturday 6/29
Thursday 7/4
Tuesday 7/9
Thursday 7/11

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

I am wondering about how it gets paid the next time it needs to get done... as a deductible item or as preventive screening.  The doctor said do it in 5 years; I think the standard frequency if they find nothing is 10 years.  

Key word is preventative.  You may have to go round and round with your insurance company if it doesn't fit into their matrix, but you should prevail.

1 hour ago, Kml said:

Gannets crashing around off the hook in good numbers.

Get the snagging hooks ready.

I saw are favorite mate named Mark's kids and neighbors dip netting bunker in the "creek" on the Zuckerberg

The car theft chatter from this morning reminded of a fairly recent thing around here. A lot of the houses around here have driveways that are a bit long and the parking is off to the side or behind the house. With most cars these days just having the push button key fob thing people just leave it in the car. 

Car thieves are coming around at night just hopping in the German cars and pushing the button. It starts and off we go. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The tog house thread is turning into a Random lite so I am cross posting based on Peter’s last post there with the Golden Arches reference.

Did anyone see that movie about the McDonald’s. The Founder. 

I heard it was good I just never watched it. 

Edited by Kml